When it comes to adapting comic book-based material, there are a lot of challenges. These are iconic characters, and it’s all about not only getting someone who looks the part but also someone who can really inhabit the role. That gets even harder when you’re talking about young actors and young characters who don’t have the experience an adult might have. On the red carpet premiere for Cloak and Dagger showrunner Joe Pokaski spoke to Bleeding Cool and said that the biggest challenge was finding the right actors for their leads.
We had to find the perfect Tandy and Tyrone. I’ve been reading Cloak and Dagger since they were in Spider-Man comics. The biggest challenge was finding Aubrey and Olivia here. They were just so amazing. It was a tough search, and then we put them in the room together. We knew we had found our Cloak and Dagger.
Watch the full interview with Pokaski below.
Summary: Two teenagers from very different backgrounds find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers while falling in love.
Cloak & Dagger, created by Joe Pokaski, stars J.D. Evermore, Olivia Holt, Aubrey Joseph, Gloria Reuben, Andrea Roth, and Miles Mussenden. It will debut on Freeform on June 7th.
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Producer Brad Lewis Talks Wrapping the Trilogy at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Jay Baruchel Talks Letting Hiccup Go at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Mortal Engines: Christian Rivers Talks Peter Jackson Mentoring Him at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Mortal Engines: Robert Sheehan Talks Filming a Green Screen Heavy Production at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Mortal Engines: Stephen Lang Talks His Not So Human Character at NYCC - October 13, 2018