When it comes to adapting comic book-based material, there are a lot of challenges. These are iconic characters, and it’s all about not only getting someone who looks the part but also someone who can really inhabit the role. That gets even harder when you’re talking about young actors and young characters who don’t have the experience an adult might have. On the red carpet premiere for Cloak and Dagger showrunner Joe Pokaski spoke to Bleeding Cool and said that the biggest challenge was finding the right actors for their leads.
We had to find the perfect Tandy and Tyrone. I’ve been reading Cloak and Dagger since they were in Spider-Man comics. The biggest challenge was finding Aubrey and Olivia here. They were just so amazing. It was a tough search, and then we put them in the room together. We knew we had found our Cloak and Dagger.
Watch the full interview with Pokaski below.
Summary: Two teenagers from very different backgrounds find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers while falling in love.
Cloak & Dagger, created by Joe Pokaski, stars J.D. Evermore, Olivia Holt, Aubrey Joseph, Gloria Reuben, Andrea Roth, and Miles Mussenden. It will debut on Freeform on June 7th.
- [Very] Early Estimates Say Avengers: Endgame Could Make $2B at the Worldwide Box Office - December 9, 2018
- Amy Adams Thinks She’s Out of the DC Universe - December 9, 2018
- Carol Danvers Stands Tall in This New Poster for Captain Marvel - December 8, 2018
- First Trailer for Brightburn Imagines ‘What If Superman Was Evil?’ - December 8, 2018
- Dark Phoenix’s Script Was Reviewed by Kevin Feige, Will Have a Similar Tone to Logan - December 8, 2018