When it comes to adapting comic book-based material, there are a lot of challenges. These are iconic characters, and it’s all about not only getting someone who looks the part but also someone who can really inhabit the role. That gets even harder when you’re talking about young actors and young characters who don’t have the experience an adult might have. On the red carpet premiere for Cloak and Dagger showrunner Joe Pokaski spoke to Bleeding Cool and said that the biggest challenge was finding the right actors for their leads.
We had to find the perfect Tandy and Tyrone. I’ve been reading Cloak and Dagger since they were in Spider-Man comics. The biggest challenge was finding Aubrey and Olivia here. They were just so amazing. It was a tough search, and then we put them in the room together. We knew we had found our Cloak and Dagger.
Watch the full interview with Pokaski below.
Summary: Two teenagers from very different backgrounds find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers while falling in love.
Cloak & Dagger, created by Joe Pokaski, stars J.D. Evermore, Olivia Holt, Aubrey Joseph, Gloria Reuben, Andrea Roth, and Miles Mussenden. It will debut on Freeform on June 7th.
- Keanu Reeves Says He Doesn’t Know If Bill & Ted 3 Will Become a Reality - July 15, 2018
- New Poster and Trailer for A Simple Favor - July 15, 2018
- Character Posters for Christopher Robin Give Us a Close Up Look at the Animals - July 15, 2018
- Dwayne Johnson Says There is “No Need” To Talk to Tyrese About the Fast and Furious Feud - July 15, 2018
- Laurence Fishburne Isn’t Sure He’ll Return to the DCEU - July 14, 2018