When it comes to adapting comic book-based material, there are a lot of challenges. These are iconic characters, and it’s all about not only getting someone who looks the part but also someone who can really inhabit the role. That gets even harder when you’re talking about young actors and young characters who don’t have the experience an adult might have. On the red carpet premiere for Cloak and Dagger showrunner Joe Pokaski spoke to Bleeding Cool and said that the biggest challenge was finding the right actors for their leads.
We had to find the perfect Tandy and Tyrone. I’ve been reading Cloak and Dagger since they were in Spider-Man comics. The biggest challenge was finding Aubrey and Olivia here. They were just so amazing. It was a tough search, and then we put them in the room together. We knew we had found our Cloak and Dagger.
Watch the full interview with Pokaski below.
Summary: Two teenagers from very different backgrounds find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers while falling in love.
Cloak & Dagger, created by Joe Pokaski, stars J.D. Evermore, Olivia Holt, Aubrey Joseph, Gloria Reuben, Andrea Roth, and Miles Mussenden. It will debut on Freeform on June 7th.
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War – Shuri is More “Tech-Savvy” Than Iron Man - April 18, 2018