Straight from the rumor mill, Marcus Sellars claims to have insider information on a couple of items coming to the Nintendo Switch version of Super Smash Bros., as well as a new story mode feature. He sent out this tweet yesterday with the short details.
Super Smash Bros Switch will see the return of the Ice Climbers and will feature a story mode modelled around 2 player co-op. Third parties will be heavily represented in the newest in the game as well.
— Marcus Sellars (@Marcus_Sellars) March 29, 2018
If the Ice Climbers are returning, that will surely annoy and please several Melee fans as they’ve been described as some of the cheapest characters in the series. But who knows how they may operate in a new setting with new characters and different mechanics. As to the new story mode, that would be pretty awesome to play and would force people to look at the game in a new dynamic beyond either being a lone-brawler or a hectic multiplayer night. Keep in mind that this is still a rumor as Nintendo hasn’t revealed anything official yet and probably won’t until E3 at the earliest, but Sellars has been breaking a lot of spoilers lately and not posting as much stuff that doesn’t come to fruition, so this may actually be real.
How do you feel about the Ice Climbers coming back to Super Smash Bros. and the possibility of a co-op story mode?
- Rumor Mill: Simon Belmont Coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?
- Did You Know Gaming Documents Every Super Smash Bros. Rumor Ever
- Nintendo Announces Super Smash Bros. Invitational 2018 Tournament Participants
- The New Super Smash Bros. Will Be at E3 This Year
- Xbox's Phil Spencer Says They're Down for Banjo-Kazooie to Appear in Super Smash Bros.
- Funimation Wants Goku to Join the Cast of Super Smash Bros. on the Switch
- Dragon Ball FighterZ Currently Holds the Most Evo 2018 Entrants
- Masahiro Sakurai Confirms He's Working on a New Super Smash Bros.
- Disaster Report 4 Plus Receives a New Trailer at Tokyo Game Show - September 20, 2018
- Dead or Alive 6 Brings Back Four Familiar Names at Tokyo Game Show 2018 - September 20, 2018
- Nintendo Switch’s New Firmware Update Allows Better Digital Game Sharing - September 19, 2018
- THQ Nordic Acquires Two New IP’s From Atari Games - September 19, 2018
- Dr. DisRespect Weighs in on PUBG and Blackout Comparisons - September 19, 2018