In news that hits home with anyone who’s ever enjoyed maple syrup escargot over poutine, a press release this week revealed that Canadian comic book hero Jon Le Bon is moving into the world of children’s’ animated web series. Groupe Média TFO, ICI Radio-Canada Télé and Frima Originals have teamed up to adapt the wacky and surreal world of Alex A.’s Jon Le Bon series of French Canadian graphic novels as a series of 10 90-second shorts geared toward French-speaking 6-9 year-olds.
Through cheerfulness, optimism and problem-solving, Jon Le Bon is an inspiring and positive character for its audience. In fact, these values have made Jon Le Bon a useful educational tool for many teachers during classroom lessons.
Voicing the wacky character of Jon Le Bon is famous comedian Pier-Luc Funk, alongside the vital Sarah-Jeanne Labrosse in the role of Bulle, an expert of espionage and infiltration. With their cronies ― a mix of superheroes and children ― the two main characters take their young audience on zany adventures in a colourful world the likes of which might be found in video games.
“Jon Le Bon is a fun and educational production project, enriched by its format adapted to the viewing habits of kids. It’s an exciting project that charmed young Francophone Canadians through its comic form, and we are delighted to be expanding its universe through these little clips,” said Sandrine Pechels de Saint Sardos, Director, Disruption and Distribution Platforms, Groupe Média TFO, who had to be given an extra long job title so that it wasn’t shorter than her name. “With these episodes, 6-9-year-olds will be engaged and motivated to improve their problem-solving skills and ability to work with others. I want to heartily thank our partner, Frima Originals, and especially Executive Producer Renaud Sylvain, for this successful collaboration!”
You’ll need to break out those problem-solving skills and ability to work with others to figure out the schedule! Haw haw!
The 10 90-second episodes will be broadcast:
- on air, Monday through Friday, starting April 2, at 5:55 PM as an in-betweener on TFO;
- in succession, on air, on Saturday at 6:30 PM on TFO;
- in succession, on air, on Sunday at 7:00 PM, on TFO;
- on air, on ICI Radio-Canada Télé, starting April 7, then online on the Kids Zone of radio-canada.caonline on ICITOU.TV starting April 11
All the episodes, as well as 2 exclusive interviews, will be broadcast on TFLIX TFO and TFO.org starting April 2.
Check out a trailer below:
- Marvel Teaser for Champions 25 Asks: “Change the World?” as Amadeus Cho Gets Weird - July 23, 2018
- WWE Releases ‘Walk With Elias’ EP and It’s Everything You Hoped It Would Be - July 23, 2018
- Michael Rooker Quits Twitter, Chris Pratt Tweets the Bible, and Petition to Release the Gunn Cut of Guardians of the Galaxy 3 Hits 175,000 Signatures - July 23, 2018
- The Hulk Just Learned #MarvelDeclassified Drops Tomorrow, and You Won’t Guess What it Makes Him Want to Do - July 22, 2018
- Guardians of the Galaxy Star Dave Bautista on James Gunn: Whatcha Gonna Do When #Cybernazis Come for You? - July 22, 2018