In the latest conquest in its quest for global television domination, WWE has announced plans to air one-hour versions of both Raw and SmackDown on free-to-air Croation TV station RTL 2.
Due to needing to cut down the three-hour Raw to just 1 hour, Croatian Raw will consist only of an opening interview segment featuring Roman Reigns, followed by 45 minutes worth of the announcers recapping the earlier Roman Reigns segment throughout the rest of the show. Smackdown will also consist of recaps of the Roman Reigns segment from Raw.
Check out the press release from WWE below:
ZAGREB, Croatia & STAMFORD, Conn.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– WWE (NYSE:WWE) and RTL Televizija, a free-to-air broadcaster available to all Croatian TV households, today announced a new agreement to televise WWE’s flagship programs Raw® and SmackDown® for the first time in Croatia.
Beginning this weekend, RTL Televizija’s free-to-air channel RTL 2 will televise a weekly one-hour version of Raw at 7 p.m. on Saturdays and a weekly one-hour version of SmackDown at 7 p.m. on Sundays, all with Croatian commentary.
“RTL, Croatia’s family of channels, is happy to become home to WWE, a leader in global entertainment and its flagship programs Raw and SmackDown,” said Filip Žunec, Head of Licensed Program Department. “We are pleased to bring WWE programming to our audience, airing it on our free TV channel with Croatian commentators enriching the experience on RTL 2.”
“We are thrilled to complete our first-ever broadcast agreement in Croatia,” said Michelle Wilson, WWE Co-President. “This partnership to televise WWE programming allows us to expand our reach and deliver our unique blend of action-packed, family friendly entertainment to WWE fans throughout the country.”
Raw and SmackDown will also be available on RTL Televizija’s TV Everywhere platform for authenticated subscribers, and on its 21-day VOD catchup window.
- Iron Man Wants Everyone to Know That Bleeding Cool Will Rewrite Comics History on Monday #MarvelDeclassified - July 19, 2018
- FX Spotlights Legion, American Horror Story, Mayans M.C., and Archer at Comic-Con FXhibition - July 19, 2018
- Captina of Our Hearts – The John Barrowman Panel at San Diego Comic-Con - July 19, 2018
- Hyundai Unveils Iron Man Themed Kona SUV at San Diego Comic-Con - July 19, 2018
- Christophe Bec and Stefano Raffaele’s ‘Under’ Heads to the Big Screen - July 19, 2018