After an intense return to form for the series last week, welcome back to another edition of Bleeding Cool’s weekly “revap” (review/recap) of AMC‘s The Walking Dead Season 8 as we take a look at the season’s “lucky 13” episode, ‘Do Not Send Us Astray’ – which did a great job reminding us that the show is a horror series.
The Walking Dead 8×13 ‘Do Not Send Us Astray’: Trouble arises when unexpected visitors arrive at the Hilltop and the community is thrust into action; heartbreaking discoveries are made.
After a mid-season finale that saw Rick (Andrew Lincoln) and his coalition beaten pretty hard but still not broken, a newly emboldened Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) and the Saviors have driven our heroes underground. The Kingdom has been abandoned. Alexandria burns under Negan’s “scorched earth” retribution. The Hilltop readies itself for a final battle. With loved ones lost and emboldened Saviors poised to launch a final strike, our heroes have realized that it’s time to “Finish the Fight!”
Just to be clear, this is what I like to call a “revap”: a recap/review/stream of consciousness mash-up “monster” all its own — but I will be covering some themes and takeaways involving major and minor plot points from the episode. Just something to keep in mind before watching or re-watching the episode. Definitely not looking to have angry fellow geeks outside my apartment with pitchforks and torches because I slacked off on spoiler warnings.
Thanks for joining us this week, and make sure to join us next week as we take a look at The Walking Dead‘s fourteenth episode, ‘Still Gotta Mean Something’:
The Walking Dead Episode 8×14 ‘Still Gotta Mean Something’: A Heaps prisoner makes a discovery; Carol searches for someone in the nearby forest; Rick and Morgan find themselves in the company of strangers.
- A.P. Bio Season 1, Episode 11 ‘Eight Pigs and a Rat’ Review: I Am Jack’s Snitch - April 20, 2018
- Dexter Plays It Safe, Big Poppa Trump, ‘Dead’ Endings, and More! [The Weekly Static s01e36] - April 20, 2018
- Dexter’s Michael C. Hall Isn’t Playing It ‘Safe’ in Netflix’s Mystery-Drama Series - April 20, 2018
- Deadly Class: Syfy Orders Rick Remender, Wes Craig Image Graphic Novel to Series - April 18, 2018
- Maniac: Netflix Releases First Images from Jonah Hill, Emma Stone Mind-Bending Series - April 18, 2018