After an intense return to form for the series last week, welcome back to another edition of Bleeding Cool’s weekly “revap” (review/recap) of AMC‘s The Walking Dead Season 8 as we take a look at the season’s “lucky 13” episode, ‘Do Not Send Us Astray’ – which did a great job reminding us that the show is a horror series.
The Walking Dead 8×13 ‘Do Not Send Us Astray’: Trouble arises when unexpected visitors arrive at the Hilltop and the community is thrust into action; heartbreaking discoveries are made.
After a mid-season finale that saw Rick (Andrew Lincoln) and his coalition beaten pretty hard but still not broken, a newly emboldened Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) and the Saviors have driven our heroes underground. The Kingdom has been abandoned. Alexandria burns under Negan’s “scorched earth” retribution. The Hilltop readies itself for a final battle. With loved ones lost and emboldened Saviors poised to launch a final strike, our heroes have realized that it’s time to “Finish the Fight!”
Just to be clear, this is what I like to call a “revap”: a recap/review/stream of consciousness mash-up “monster” all its own — but I will be covering some themes and takeaways involving major and minor plot points from the episode. Just something to keep in mind before watching or re-watching the episode. Definitely not looking to have angry fellow geeks outside my apartment with pitchforks and torches because I slacked off on spoiler warnings.
Thanks for joining us this week, and make sure to join us next week as we take a look at The Walking Dead‘s fourteenth episode, ‘Still Gotta Mean Something’:
The Walking Dead Episode 8×14 ‘Still Gotta Mean Something’: A Heaps prisoner makes a discovery; Carol searches for someone in the nearby forest; Rick and Morgan find themselves in the company of strangers.
- Taking Confession 304 ‘The Tombs’: Bleeding Cool’s ‘Preacher’ Season 3 Live-Blog! - July 15, 2018
- Showtime Offers 10 Minute Preview of Sacha Baron Cohen’s ‘Who Is America?’ (WATCH HERE) - July 15, 2018
- Preacher Rewind 303: A Look Back at Bleeding Cool’s Thoughts on ‘Gonna Hurt’ - July 15, 2018
- ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’ Season 13 Gets First Teaser, Key Art - July 13, 2018
- AMC Sets ‘Walking Dead’ Superfan Yvette Nicole Brown as Interim ‘Talking Dead’ Host - July 13, 2018