Chris Ruddy CEO of Newsmax, ABC News contributor and friend of President Donald Trump, appeared on ABC to roll back rumours of chaos at the White House saying that Trump is expecting to make “one or two major changes to his government very soon”, but that was it. And that “other White House sources, not the president, tell me that Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin is likely to depart the Cabinet very soon.”
“Marvel Entertainment chairman Ike Perlmutter, another Mar-a-Lago friend of the president’s, is playing a major backstage role in shaping Trump’s thinking about Shulkin. Perlmutter originally recommended Shulkin to Trump, but a source familiar with his thinking tells me Perlmutter ‘feels betrayed by Shulkin and regrets ever putting his name in front of the president.'”
Ike Perlmutter, Chair of Marvel, and his wife Laura Perlmutter have been some of Trump’s biggest donors, donating to his veterans charitable appeal and to his presidential campaign. Laura sits on his Inauguration Committee and Ike joined the administration working on veteran affairs — which may contextualise his interest and participation in this concern. This new turn of events indicates that Shulkin’s attempts to gain Perlmutter’s support during a meeting earlier in March were unsuccessful.
Axios also reports:
“Trump spent time yesterday with Perlmutter at Mar-a-Lago, and the two discussed various pressing issues at the VA, according to a source with knowledge of their meeting. Perlmutter has recommended at least one potential Shulkin replacement to the White House, according to two sources with direct knowledge.”
Well, we can at least be sure that it’s not Bill Jemas.
- The Daily LITG, 16th December 2018 – Happy Birthday, Tom Spurgeon - December 16, 2018
- Patrick Zircher Talks About His Trials With Editors - December 15, 2018
- New Ms Marvel Writer Seeks Mistakes Men Make When Writing About Teenage Girls - December 15, 2018
- ‘Neal Adams Is Full Of Crap’ – Roy Thomas Refutes Claims About the Kree/Skrull War - December 15, 2018
- Victoria McNally, Valiant’s Senior Marketing & Communications Manager, Also Out - December 15, 2018