Dark Horse is getting a jump on their C2E2 announcements this year. Though the convention doesn’t start until April 6th, the publisher has sent out a press release labeled “C2E2” announcing a brand-new comic from Margaret Atwood and artist Ken Steacy. Called War Bears, the new comic is a historical fiction story set in the Golden Age of comics. From the press release:
War Bears follows comic book creator Al Zurakowski, who dreams of making it big in the early world of Canadian comics publishing. Al creates Oursonette, a fictional Nazi-fighting superheroine, at the peak of World War II. This three-issue miniseries explores the early days of comics in Toronto, a brutal war that greatly strains Al personally and professionally, and how the rise of post-war American comics put an end to his dreams.
War Bears #1 will cost $4.99 and hits stores on September 5.
In the same press release, Dark Horse also advertised The Complete Angel Catbird, hitting stores on October 3 and collecting three volumes of the comic by Atwood, Johnnie Christmas, and Tamra Bonvillain. That 320 page collection will retail for $24.99.
- Hickman and Kirkman Sitting in a Tree M-A-K-I-N-G Amazon Shows for East of West and Transhuman - April 19, 2018
- WWE Takes Out Restraining Order on Fan Armed with Own Poop - April 19, 2018
- Starburns Industries Announces Plan to Rule Comics with SBI Press, Executive Editor Brendan Wright - April 19, 2018
- Impact Wrestling Star Scott Steiner Wonders Who Will Cut Grass if Trump Deports Mexicans - April 19, 2018
- Lion Forge Joins the CBLDF - April 19, 2018