IDW announced a new weekly TMNT mini-series starring everyone’s favorite mutant warthog and mutant rhinoceros duo, Bebop and Rocksteady. Running weekly throughout August, Ben Bates and Dustin Weaver are bringing Bebop and Rocksteady back for a mini-series called Bebop & Rocksteady Hit the Road.
The premise is simple: “When a road trip back to New York City goes sideways and their powers begin to waver, Bebop and Rocksteady stumble upon trouble, as only they can.”
“I have a clear memory of playing with my Rocksteady and Bebop figures as a kid, studying all the details that were unique to each of them, what seem to define their individual personalities and overall thinking how cool as characters they were,” said Bates, who is clearly a master of these characters, in a press release. “It’s crazy to me that I still get to play with these guys as an adult; I hope it never stops! Turtles forever!”
“I feel so lucky that Ben and I have gotten to make a contribution to the TMNT universe with these B&R stories,” said Weaver. “Hit the Road is a natural continuation of what we did in Destroy Everything. It feels just as wild and fun. I kind of love these guys.”
“Bebop and Rocksteady are possibly the most demented characters in the TMNT universe,” said IDW senior editor Bobby Curnow. “Seeing their trail of utter carnage across the United States will be nothing but a pedal-to-the-metal blast. Underneath the chaos though, Ben and Dustin have found the unlikely heart—and friendship—that exists between the characters.”
Kevin Eastman will provide variant covers for Bebop & Rocksteady Hit the Road. Look for it in stores this August.
- Iron Man Wants Everyone to Know That Bleeding Cool Will Rewrite Comics History on Monday #MarvelDeclassified - July 19, 2018
- FX Spotlights Legion, American Horror Story, Mayans M.C., and Archer at Comic-Con FXhibition - July 19, 2018
- Captina of Our Hearts – The John Barrowman Panel at San Diego Comic-Con - July 19, 2018
- Hyundai Unveils Iron Man Themed Kona SUV at San Diego Comic-Con - July 19, 2018
- Christophe Bec and Stefano Rafaelle’s ‘Under’ Heads to the Big Screen - July 19, 2018