IDW announced a new weekly TMNT mini-series starring everyone’s favorite mutant warthog and mutant rhinoceros duo, Bebop and Rocksteady. Running weekly throughout August, Ben Bates and Dustin Weaver are bringing Bebop and Rocksteady back for a mini-series called Bebop & Rocksteady Hit the Road.
The premise is simple: “When a road trip back to New York City goes sideways and their powers begin to waver, Bebop and Rocksteady stumble upon trouble, as only they can.”
“I have a clear memory of playing with my Rocksteady and Bebop figures as a kid, studying all the details that were unique to each of them, what seem to define their individual personalities and overall thinking how cool as characters they were,” said Bates, who is clearly a master of these characters, in a press release. “It’s crazy to me that I still get to play with these guys as an adult; I hope it never stops! Turtles forever!”
“I feel so lucky that Ben and I have gotten to make a contribution to the TMNT universe with these B&R stories,” said Weaver. “Hit the Road is a natural continuation of what we did in Destroy Everything. It feels just as wild and fun. I kind of love these guys.”
“Bebop and Rocksteady are possibly the most demented characters in the TMNT universe,” said IDW senior editor Bobby Curnow. “Seeing their trail of utter carnage across the United States will be nothing but a pedal-to-the-metal blast. Underneath the chaos though, Ben and Dustin have found the unlikely heart—and friendship—that exists between the characters.”
Kevin Eastman will provide variant covers for Bebop & Rocksteady Hit the Road. Look for it in stores this August.
- X-ual Healing: Sabretooth Reveals His Softer Side in Weapon X #16 - April 22, 2018
- Are X-Men’s Kitty Pryde and Colossus Not Planning a Jewish Wedding? - April 22, 2018
- X-ual Healing: A Trip Down Memory Lane with a Detour on Flashback Blvd in Cable #156 - April 22, 2018
- X-ual Healing: X-Men Gold Finally Hits Its Stride in X-Men Gold #26 - April 21, 2018
- Those Nerds at Archaia Want You to Spend Your Summer Reading Graphic Novels - April 21, 2018