There have been a lot of rumors about which character is getting their own Marvel/Netflix series. We don’t know what the future holds for Marvel/Netflix now that Disney is starting their own streaming service. We know the current series aren’t going anywhere, but what about new ones? We’re not sure, but that hasn’t stopped former Daredevil showrunner Steven S. DeKnight from contemplating which character he would like to adapt next to IGN.
“I wouldn’t mind taking a crack at Moon Knight at some point,” DeKnight said. “There are so many characters that I love in the Marvel universe. Really, for me, it would be about schedule. My schedule these days, as you imagine, is a little tight. God, you know, when I signed onto Daredevil, I expressed an interest in Iron Fist and the Punisher, which I both loved. I’d love to see Moon Knight get a little bit of love. Great, great character.”
DeKnight might not be actively involved with the Marvel Universe anymore, mostly due to other commitments, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t watch all of the shows. He still feels very close to everyone he worked with on the first season of Daredevil.
“I’ve watched them all. I mean, I loved my time there. It was interesting, I actually came into season one of Daredevil to help out my old buddies, Drew Goddard and Jeph Loeb,” DeKnight recalled. “I went into that season one of Daredevil with the understanding I could only be there for a year, because I was going off to do this feature. And we were actually in the process of putting that feature together when Mary [Parent, Legendary Entertainment Vice Chairman of Worldwide Production] surprised me with the notion of directing Pacific Rim 2 instead, which I was delighted for. … I watch all of the Marvel Netflix shows. I love the guys at Marvel, I love the people at Netflix, and I think there are some fantastic shows. Especially Luke Cage, which I really, really enjoyed.
There were rumors back in 2015 that Moon Knight was next as far as characters heading for Netflix, but there hasn’t been any movement since. Right now the Marvel/Netflix shows are coming out to less and less pomp and circumstance. We still have two more seasons, the second season of Luke Cage, and the third season of Daredevil coming out just this year. The second seasons of Iron Fist and The Punisher are filming right now. What happens after that? We’ll have to see.
Summary: Jake Pentecost, son of Stacker Pentecost, reunites with Mako Mori to lead a new generation of Jaeger pilots, including rival Lambert and 15-year-old hacker Amara, against a new Kaiju threat.
Pacific Rim Uprising, directed by Steven S. DeKnight, stars John Boyega, Tian Jing, Scott Eastwood, Adria Arjona, Charlie Day, and Burn Gorman. It will be released March 23rd.
- A Chat With Netflix Marvel Series' Costume Designer Stephanie Maslansky and Makeup Head Sarit Klein at #WonderCon
- It's Not a Stretch: Marvel Legends Has Released the Best Reed Richards Figure Yet
- Steven Universe Gets a Seriously Cool Vinyl Soundtrack Release from Iam8bit
- CinemaCon Sony Presentation Live Blog - April 23, 2018
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018