WIth different esports league basically running Rocket League tournaments of their own, as well as developer Psyonix having a hand in some of them, fans have been wondering when the company would just add the option to have tournaments into the game itself. We got our answer about a month or so ago when the company was running betas on a new tournament system, and now this weekend the officially announced that Tournaments will be added to the game when the Spring Feature Update is implemented on April 3rd.
In case you’re wondering just how that will look and work, you’re in luck! The company released a Youtube video showing off all the features and setup as the staff at Psyonix got together and held their own in-office tournament, for you to check out below. Here are a few extra items the company released that would be in the update, including an improvement in graphics for Nintendo Switch players.
We have plenty in store for you in the Tournaments Update on top of organized competition within the client, including a number of additions and improvements asked for by our community:
Additional ways to sort, filter, and organize your item inventory
Equipping specific Painted Car Bodies to Orange and Blue
Restrict chat to Team Quick Chat Only
In-game Connection Quality Status indicators
Performance improvements and additional graphics settings for Rocket League on Nintendo Switch
- Rocket League's Zephyr Update Due to Drop on July 30th
- Rocket League Shows Off More of the Jurassic World Car Pack
- Nintendo Applies For New Several Trademarks Including Wario Land
- New Items Coming to Rocket League... and Its Name Is John Cena!
- Rocket League Tournament is in Beta for PC Players
- Rocket League To Receive DC Comics DLC Cars In March
- Rocket League to get Cross-Platform Party Support This Year
- Rocket League Will Finally Get Crossplay Party Support In 2018
- Review: AZIO R.C.K. Vintage Typewriter Keyboard - December 10, 2018
- Fortnite Streamer Arrested For Alleged Domestic Abuse During Stream - December 10, 2018
- Bethesda Softworks Celebrates DOOM’s 25th Anniversary - December 10, 2018
- A List of Winners From the Gamer’s Choice Awards - December 10, 2018
- Worldbuilding On Multiple Levels: An Interview with Patrick Rothfuss - December 10, 2018