The Blank Comic from About Comics is exactly what it says on the tin. 24 blank pages, stitched like a traditional comic, with a glossy blank cover. And now going to its eighth printing.
About Comics’ Nat Gertler told me:
About Comics is now having its 20th anniversary as a publisher, and while we’ve published things that have gotten a lot of attention, like our reprints of the Negro Motorist Green Book, or our books of comic book scripts, Panel One and Panel Two. But if you ask me what I’m proud of, there’s nothing on that list. Hundreds of thousands of pages of nothing. With this eighth non-printing of The BlankTM Comic Book, I know there are thousands and thousands of copies out there that are no longer blank, that have been used for 24 hour comics creation, or by kids creating comics, or have had their covers customized into non-blank covers by some amazing artists. Many people have told me that blank comic books are a stupid idea, and they’re probably right… but usually, just after saying that, they say “but you know what they’d be good for?” Every one of these “comic books” is a pile of potential, just waiting for some creative energy to be applied.
The Blank Comic can be ordered from About Comics with bulk discount for retailers.
- Rogue on a Woman’s Right to Choose Her Superpowers (Mr & Mrs X #4 Spoilers) - October 17, 2018
- Batman, A Hypocrite in Today’s Batman #57 (Again) – Spoilers - October 17, 2018
- So… What Does Carol Danvers’ Name Mean? Hint, it’s Not ‘Hope’… - October 17, 2018
- Next Week’s Previews has Other History of the DC Universe on the Cover, Fight Club 3 on the Back… - October 17, 2018
- The Daily LITG – 17th October 2018 – Lucifer Won’t Eat His Porridge - October 17, 2018