The Blank Comic from About Comics is exactly what it says on the tin. 24 blank pages, stitched like a traditional comic, with a glossy blank cover. And now going to its eighth printing.
About Comics’ Nat Gertler told me:
About Comics is now having its 20th anniversary as a publisher, and while we’ve published things that have gotten a lot of attention, like our reprints of the Negro Motorist Green Book, or our books of comic book scripts, Panel One and Panel Two. But if you ask me what I’m proud of, there’s nothing on that list. Hundreds of thousands of pages of nothing. With this eighth non-printing of The BlankTM Comic Book, I know there are thousands and thousands of copies out there that are no longer blank, that have been used for 24 hour comics creation, or by kids creating comics, or have had their covers customized into non-blank covers by some amazing artists. Many people have told me that blank comic books are a stupid idea, and they’re probably right… but usually, just after saying that, they say “but you know what they’d be good for?” Every one of these “comic books” is a pile of potential, just waiting for some creative energy to be applied.
The Blank Comic can be ordered from About Comics with bulk discount for retailers.
- POW! Entertainment Registers More ‘Stan Lee’ Trademarks for Sleeping Bags, Pizza Crust Mixes and Yoga Mats - April 22, 2018
- Gabriele Dell’Otto’s Exclusive Retailer Variant for Amazing Spider-Man #800 - April 22, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd April 2018 – ‘Action Comics Was the Highest/Fastest Selling Book in Our History’ - April 22, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd April 2018 – DC ComicsGetting Fresh - April 22, 2018
- The Age Of Bronze Goes Full Colour as a Digital Ongong Series - April 22, 2018