Get those hodukkens ready to go folks, we’re getting a Street Fighter TV series from eOne. Mark Gordon of Entertainment One (eOne) has reportedly closed the deal to produce and finance a television series based on CAPCOM’s Street Fighter video games.
“Street Fighter is a global tour de force franchise, having garnered immense worldwide commercial success and built a vast devoted fan base that has only grown through its 30 year legacy. We are thrilled to be teaming up with Joey, Jacqueline and Mark, who are already so deeply connected to this brand, to bring this adored story to television audiences everywhere. A particular strength of Street Fighter is the wide range of ethnically diverse characters and powerful women featured in the game. It will allow us to build an inclusive and engaging TV universe, ” Gordon said. (He’s actually eOne’s President and Chief Content Officer, Film, Television and Digital.)
Deadline says at this time, the basis for the TV series will be Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, and follow most of the action/plot from that sequel title. This more than likely means we’ll be seeing Ryu, Ken, Guile, and Chun-Li fighting to take down military mastermind M. Bison.
“After a long search, guided by the team behind Assassin’s Fist, we are delighted to be partnering with a company with the outstanding TV experience of Mark Gordon and eOne. They have the credentials to help us launch a faithful adaptation of Street Fighter as a major TV series,” Capcom Executive Producer for Street Fighter Yoshinori Ono said.
We’ll let you know as soon as there is further information about this project (like where we’ll be able to see it, casting, showrunner, etc).
- Capcom Announces Balancing Update for Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition
- MLB 2018- The Indians Window May be Closing, But not in The AL Central
- John Wick Figure Coming in Winter from MAFEX
- Lids and WWE Partner Up for New Line of Superstar Hats, Available Now
- New ‘DOOM’ Movie Coming From Universal Pictures - April 20, 2018
- Han Solo Didn’t Do the Kessel Run, Lando Calrissian Did - April 20, 2018
- ‘God of War’ Launch Day Event is About to go Live, Here’s How To Watch - April 19, 2018
- Nee Brothers May Be Directors for Masters of the Universe Film - April 19, 2018
- Netflix Almost Bought Landmark Theaters, Report Says - April 19, 2018