Frank Miller has signed a new five-book exclusive deal with DC Comics, which will include not only his upcoming Superman: Year One book with John Romita Jr. but also a new graphic novel starring Carrie Kelley. Publisher’s Weekly has the report on the deal, which will be officially announced at Wondercon at the DC Publishers panel. The graphic novel will be aimed at young adults and feature art by Ben Caldwell.
Miller, according to DC Co-Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee, is part of the overall picture of DC’s expansive publishing strategy.
“We’re looking at our business strategy and how the market and our fans have changed,” DiDio said. “We’re developing a new strategy about how we deal with all our characters and we want to get the widest audience possible.”
More info at Wondercon… maybe some artwork?
- Stan Sakai Named Inaugural Joe Kubert Award Winner By Comic Con Revolution, Kubert School - May 20, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Cable #157, Continuity Porn Even a New Reader Can Enjoy - May 19, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Acanti Sky-Whales, Brood-Wolves, and Flying Brood-Sharks, Oh My, in Weapon H #3 - May 19, 2018
- X-ual Healing – A Heel Turn for Weapon X in Hunt for Wolverine: The Claws of a Killer #1 - May 19, 2018
- Hasbro Trademarks the Smell of Play-Doh - May 19, 2018