Frank Miller has signed a new five-book exclusive deal with DC Comics, which will include not only his upcoming Superman: Year One book with John Romita Jr. but also a new graphic novel starring Carrie Kelley. Publisher’s Weekly has the report on the deal, which will be officially announced at Wondercon at the DC Publishers panel. The graphic novel will be aimed at young adults and feature art by Ben Caldwell.
Miller, according to DC Co-Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee, is part of the overall picture of DC’s expansive publishing strategy.
“We’re looking at our business strategy and how the market and our fans have changed,” DiDio said. “We’re developing a new strategy about how we deal with all our characters and we want to get the widest audience possible.”
More info at Wondercon… maybe some artwork?
- ComiXology is Holding an X-Men: Near Extinction Sale - August 17, 2018
- Travel Foreman, Niko Henrichon Join Donny Cates’s Marvel Knights Revamp - August 17, 2018
- Marvel to Address School Shootings in Champions #24 - August 17, 2018
- Hulk Hogan Asks: Hasn’t Hulk Hogan Apologized Enough? - August 17, 2018
- Vault Upgrades Wasted Space to Ongoing with 20-Issue Commitment - August 17, 2018