Some really cool news coming out of GDC today from Spike Chunsoft as they announced Fire Pro Wrestling World will finally be coming to the PlayStation 4 when they release the game on the system sometime this summer. This will be the first time in six years a Fire Pro Wrestling title will be on console since the 2012 incarnation was released on Xbox 360 and Xbox Live Arcade. According to the announcement trailer below, this version will come with everything the Steam version has, including all of the new updates and features that allow the ultimate customization of the game along with all match types.
What wasn’t talked about, and we’re sure will be on a lot of fans minds until release, is whether or not the PS4 version will include the New Japan Pro Wrestling roster after it was announced back in January that select characters would be added to the game in the summer as well. Our best guess is that the two will be rolled into one overall package release while Steam will receive an update the same day. The other concern, which also will need to be addressed, is the character customization feature that’s allowed millions of fans to create WWE, ROH, TNA, and other classic wrestlers over the decades to be added and shared among the players. Because FPWW is probably the only place I’ll ever see CM Punk face AJ Styles. Here’s hoping we get better details soon.
- Spike Chunsoft Announces AI: The Somnium Files at Anime Expo 2018
- Fire Pro Wrestling World Releases a New PS4 Overview Trailer
- Spike Chunsoft to Bring Zanki Zero: Last Beginning to the West
- New Japan Pro Wrestling is Officially Coming to Fire Pro Wrestling World
- 'WWE 2k18' Is Coming To PC On The Same Day It Hits Consoles
- Returning To Glory: We Review 'Fire Pro Wrestling World'
- On This Day In Pop Culture For March 21
- 'Fire Pro Wrestling' Is Returning In 2017