If we learned any one single lesson from Super Mario Maker, its that people want to build their own levels from games they love. Which is what spawned fan projects like Mega Maker. Now a Sonic The Hedgehog fan is in the process of creating their own for Sega’s most famous platformer. Below is a video of someone who is creating their own version of a Sonic Maker game. Obviously, they’re using a PC to create the game as opposed to something you might find on a console, but just take a look at the work they’ve put into it so far and you’ll see that this is pretty impressive.
Now, of course, this isn’t a Sega-related project, and if you know the way bigger companies work, projects like this often end up hearing from attorneys first before anyone takes into consideration what they could have. If anyone from Sega happens to come across this article, please hear my plea as an old-school gamer: Hire this programmer and make this game! Considering what a success Super Mario Maker was, there’s a pretty good chance you could put this on the Switch and essentially make a license to print money with the number of copies it would sell and all the people on YouTube and Twitch who would create levels and attempt to pass others and essentially show the Sonic The Hedgehog franchise some extra love beyond what you’re already planning.
Give this game a shot!!!
- Treyarch Adds Updates to Black Ops 4, Including Blackout Player Count - October 17, 2018
- The Fallout 76 Beta is Now Officially Online for Download - October 17, 2018
- The Stanley Parable Now Unlocks a Specific Anniversary Achievement - October 17, 2018
- Xbox and Taco Bell Have Partnered Again to Give Away Platinum Consoles - October 17, 2018
- Battlefield V Single Player Trailer Released - October 17, 2018