PUBG Corp. has announced that it will be running special events in PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, changing the game and adding new modifications to the classic play.
Fortnite famously, and rather openly, cribbed notes from PUBG when it came out with its Battle Royale offshoot. Fast forward a few short months later and that game is now the biggest thing in the world. The title is breaking into the mainstream in a massive way, becoming a true entertainment phenomenon in a relatively short space of time. One thing the game did help popularise in the genre on its own, though, was the introduction of event spinoffs of the main game, with things like 20 v 20 and Blitz modes.
Well, it seems like it’s now PUBG’s turn to take a little something from the Fortnite formula. In a Steam post, the developer announced that it would be adding in its own Event style modes. These will change periodically to offer variety over time, but the first mode has already been outlined. Saying they are planning to keep the first event easy to understand, the squad number will be increased to eight and rifle drops will be doubled. The post seems to imply that in the future, however, things will be a little more extreme.
I’m very curious about this. The potential is huge, and all the various modes could be really refreshing to the experience. These types of modified modes have been available in custom games if you could find them, but it’s nice they are now getting centralised. Here’s hoping we see some really silly stuff come out of this.
- Beware of the PUBG Malware That Forces You to Play The Game
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Shows Off a New Island Map
- KFC Partners with Twitch for a PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Event
- Detroit: Become Human is Getting a Demo Tomorrow - April 23, 2018
- God of War has Second Biggest Retail Game Release in the UK this Year - April 23, 2018
- PUBG’s Assault Rifles are Getting Nerfed and Level 3 Helmets are Seeing a Big Change - April 23, 2018
- Night Trap is Coming to Nintendo Switch Later This Summer - April 23, 2018
- Platinum Games Wants Wonderful 101 on the Nintendo Switch - April 23, 2018