Suits may be losing Meghan Markle and Gina Torres, but that doesn’t mean there won’t be powerful women in the cast. Along with adding Katherine Heigl, the series is promoting recurring actress Amanda Schull to a series regular for season 8.
Schull plays Katrina Bennett, a junior partner in the law firm of Pearson Specter Litt. She was an Assistant District Attorney who left to become Louis Litt’s (Rick Hoffman) associate in season 2.
Series showrunner Aaron Korsh said of the promotion:
Amanda Schull and Katrina Bennett have been part of the Suits extended family for years, and I am very excited to welcome them both into our immediate family. Katrina will continue her journey on the road to senior partnership while learning some hard new lessons throughout the course of the season.
The second half of season 7 starts on March 28th and will see original cast members Markle and Patrick J. Adams depart during the two-hour season finale on April 25th. It will also be a backdoor pilot for a new political series starring Torres as Jessica Pearson. Hoffman, Garbiel Macht, Dule Hill, and Sarah Rafferty will all return for season 8.
Besides her time on Suits, Schull was on Pretty Little Liars, One Tree Hill, Murder in the First, and 12 Monkeys.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018