Amazon continues evening the playing field between Butcher’s “boys” and shady super-hero team The Seven with the casting of a female – but not just any female: we’re talking The Female, super-powered assassin set to be played by Suicide Squad‘s Karen Fukuhara (Stray) in the streaming service’s adaptation of Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson‘s comic book series The Boys. Created for series by Eric Kripke (Supernatural) and with Preacher‘s Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen attached, the series is set to be a co-production between Sony Pictures TV Studios, Amazon and Neal H. Moritz’s Original Films.
Fukuhara’s The Female is a young Asian assassin with blistering fighting skills who happens to have superpowers, and uses them for explosive evisceration. When Butcher find her, she’s savage, doesn’t speak and is a complete mystery. She later learns what it means to be human through her relationship with Frenchie.
The Boys also stars Jack Quaid (Rampage) as Hughie, Butcher’s newest recruit who lost his girlfriend in a tragic incident with a super-hero; Laz Alonso (The Mysteries of Laura) as second-in-command Mother’s Milk; Antony Starr (American Gothic) as Homelander, leader of the main superhero team, The Seven; Dominique McElligott (The Last Tycoon) as Queen Maeve, a member of The Seven; Jessie T. Usher (Survivor’s Remorse) as The Seven member, A-Train, a superhero faster than a speeding train; Chace Crawford (Gossip Girl) as The Seven member The Deep, an aquatic hero; Nathan Mitchell (iZombie) as Black Noir, a masked superhero with fighting and Set martial arts skills; and Erin Moriarty (Jessica Jones) as Starlight/Annie, a young woman who can make lightning bolts flash from her eyes and dreams of being a “real superhero” like the famous Seven.
Here’s an overview of the comic book series that was originally published from 2006-2012 from Wildstorm and Dynamite Entertainment:
This is going to hurt! In a world where costumed heroes soar through the sky and masked vigilantes prowl the night, someone’s got to make sure the “supes” don’t get out of line. And someone will! Billy Butcher, Wee Hughie, Mother’s Milk, The Frenchman, and The Female are The Boys: A CIA-backed team of very dangerous people, each one dedicated to the struggle against the most dangerous force on Earth – superpower! Some superheroes have to be watched. Some have to be controlled. And some of them – sometimes – need to be taken out of the picture. That’s when you call in The Boys!
- EXCLUSIVE: New Batman Premium Format Figure Coming from Sideshow Collectibles
- Tron: Legacy Lightcycles Come to LEGO on March 31
- Fantastic Beasts’ Zoe Kravitz to Star in Disney’s High Fidelity Streaming Series - September 24, 2018
- Fear the Walking Dead s04e15 ‘I Lose People…’ Review: Now THIS is the FTWD We’ve Been Missing! - September 24, 2018
- Gotham Season 5: Is Shane West Just Begging Us to Assume He’s Bane? - September 24, 2018
- Dead Man Blogging 415: Bleeding Cool’s ‘Fear the Walking Dead’ Live-Blog! - September 23, 2018
- Better Call Saul Season 4 ‘Coushatta’: Nacho Looks to Expand His Power (PREVIEW) - September 22, 2018