Longstanding comic convention mogul Brian Powers has seen his company Number 6 Enterprises sign up with DC Comics for The DC Boutique, a new vendor booth appearing at over 18 comic conventions in the United States, Canada, and the UK through 2018.
Previously this role was taken solely by Graphitti Licensing, but they are limited to which shows they attend, usually the biggest ones, alongside DC Comics.
So the DC Boutique will appear at the shows where Graphitti and DC Comics are not exhibiting together and will provide a DC Comics presence at smaller or more distant shows usually denied such a presence. Basically, everywhere except for SDCC, ECCC, C2E2, and NYCC.
They will also host signings from leading DC Comics talent, contests and giveaways for DC fans attending the shows.
It’s intended to bring elements of DC’s larger convention experience directly to regional comic conventions with an aim of engaging nearly 1.2 million fans at events around the world, offering fans exclusive access to products and experiences.
“Number 6 Enterprises is proud to be working with a world-class publisher like DC and collaborating with leading independent and institutional event organizers like ReedPOP and LeftField Media to bring fans exclusive branded products and experiences,” says Brian Powers.
The DC Boutique will premiere at AwesomeCon from March 30th to April 1st at the Walter Washington Convention Center in Washington, DC. To mark its opening, the DC Boutique will have exclusive gold foil variant covers of Dark Knights: Metal #6 by Andy Kubert and Batman #43 by Oliver Coipel. Creators Greg Capullo, Tom King, and Scott Snyder will be checking in at the booth during the event to sign autographs too.
The mention of the UK makes me think MCM London may also be on the cards.
- Review: The Dead Rabbit #1 by Gerry Duggan, John McCrea and Mike Spicer - April 23, 2018
- So How Did Rage Get Better Then? Marvel Continuity Gets Venomized… - April 23, 2018
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #26 Goes to Second Printing - April 23, 2018
- Ravage – Kill All Men, a New Misandrist Comic to Launch at Orlando MegaCon - April 23, 2018
- POW! Entertainment Registers More ‘Stan Lee’ Trademarks for Sleeping Bags, Pizza Crust Mixes and Yoga Mats - April 22, 2018