Having characters from other video game franchises pop up in Super Smash Bros. is nothing new. Such examples include Capcom allowing Nintendo the use of Mega Man, while Bandai Namco allowed Pac-Man to appear. But according to a recent tweet from Xbox CEO Phil Spencer, they wouldn’t mind lending Nintendo another famous pair. When a fan asked Spencer on Twitter whether or not Xbox would allow them to use Banjo-Kazooie for the game, the answer was pretty simple.
— Phil Spencer (@XboxP3) March 20, 2018
If you’re unfamiliar with the duo, they were the titular characters for one of the N64’s best platformers back in the late ’90s that was developed by Rare, and have had a few games come out after on Game Boy Advance and Xbox 360. The pair really hasn’t been seen much in nearly a decade after their last game Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts came out in late 2008. But they make the perfect kind of addition to a brand new Smash Bros. title, that is, if Microsoft and Nintendo can have a chat sometime before the game they’re making for the Nintendo Switch becomes finalized. Would you be down to see Banjo-Kazooie make a return in SSB? Or would you rather see them return in their own game after all these years?
- Two Characters Possibly Returning to Super Smash Bros. and New Story Mode
- Bandai Namco will Release God Eater 3 on Steam and PS4
- The New Super Smash Bros. Will Be at E3 This Year
- Funimation Wants Goku to Join the Cast of Super Smash Bros. on the Switch
- Dragon Ball FighterZ Currently Holds the Most Evo 2018 Entrants
- Masahiro Sakurai Confirms He's Working on a New Super Smash Bros.
- Super Smash Bros. Announced for Nintendo Switch, and It's Coming This Year
- From The Rumor Mill: Is There A Super Smash Bros. Game Coming In 2018?
- Xbox Announces Their May Lineup of Games With Gold - April 21, 2018
- Fortnite Plans to Fix the Weapons Swap Equip Issue With Next Update - April 21, 2018
- The Latest Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition Trailer Focuses on Older Characters - April 21, 2018
- Darwin Project Developers Made the Game Free To Play on Steam - April 21, 2018
- Survival Horror Game Agony Finally Gets a Release Date - April 21, 2018