In a shocking announcement Tuesday, WWE revealed that SmackDown Live General Manager Daniel Bryan has been cleared to return to the ring. Bryan was forced to retire in 2016 after WWE doctors refused to clear him to wrestle due to past concussion-related injuries. Bryan, however, maintained that numerous experts had said he was perfectly capable of competing, and vowed to return to the ring one day, if not in WWE, then elsewhere after his contract ended. It looks like Bryan has gotten his wish, as WWE made the announcement via Twitter:
— WWE (@WWE) March 20, 2018
In an article on WWE.com, the company said:
Following more than two years of extensive evaluations, four-time World Champion Daniel Bryan has been medically cleared to return to in-ring competition by leading neurosurgeons, neurologists and concussion experts, including Dr. Robert Cantu, Dr. Javier Cárdenas and Dr. Jeffrey Kutcher.
Bryan underwent a full review of his medical history and received comprehensive neurological and physical evaluations independent of WWE. He was cleared by each doctor as well as WWE’s Medical Director, Dr. Joseph Maroon.
This clears Bryan up to participate in a match at WrestleMania as part of the storyline involving himself, Smackdown Commissioner Shane McMahon, Kevin Owens, and Sami Zayn, which is good, because that’s where that storyline has been headed for months and it would have been really awkward if it turned out Bryan couldn’t get physical. Tune into SmackDown tonight, where we’re sure to learn more.
- X-ual Healing: X-Men Gold Finally Hits Its Stride in X-Men Gold #26 - April 21, 2018
- Those Nerds at Archaia Want You to Spend Your Summer Reading Graphic Novels - April 21, 2018
- Image is Selling All 6 Volumes of Rick Remender and Wes Craig’s Deadly Class for $23 This Weekend - April 21, 2018
- IDW’s EuroComics to Publish Serena Blasco’s Enola Holmes Graphic Novels - April 21, 2018
- Archie Comics Targets Generation Z With Epistolary Fiction on Yarn App - April 21, 2018