Twitch and Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood are no strangers, as the two came together last year with PBS to stream a marathon of the show last year. This week, in celebration of Fred Rogers‘s 90th birthday, the social streaming service will be broadcasting another marathon of the iconic children’s educational program. Starting on March 20th, which will also commemorate the show’s 50th anniversary, Twitch will air the 50 most popular episodes of the show, followed by a complete run of all 856 episodes from beginning to end. On top of that, specific channels will be getting in on the event, as we’ve posted the details from the press release below.
With an uncanny ability to travel through time, Futuremangaming will emcee the entire run, dropping in at various times to provide words of wisdom straight from the future as the audience journeys from black and white to color. Anyone may also co-stream the show from their own neighborhoods by setting their game to “Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood” and capturing the stream on Twitch.tv/misterrogers. Co-streaming is a feature unique to Twitch that allows a creator to share another channel’s video feed, but with their own commentary and community, resulting in a more personalized, social experience. Here are some popular creators who will be co-streaming the marathon:
- Twitch and Square Enix Come Together for a Final Fantasy XV Kooky Bundle
- Twitch Extensions Make Their Way to the Twitch Mobile App
- Funko Toy Fair Reveals Part 3: Mister Rogers, Bendy, Overwatch, Weird Al, and Atomic Blonde!
- Tom Hanks Playing Mr. Rogers in a New Biopic is Perfect Casting
- George A. Romero Discusses Working For Mr. Rogers; Accidental Racial Overtones In Night Of The Living Dead
- In Defence Of Flex
- THQ Nordic Announces Its Full Gamescom 2018 Lineup - July 19, 2018
- Bandai Namco Launches a New Website to Prepare for Ace Combat 7 - July 19, 2018
- Xaviant Games is Pulling The Culling 2 from All Consoles - July 19, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Shows Off the Original Spidey Costume - July 19, 2018
- Sony is Recruiting Beta Testers for the PS4 6.0 System Software Update - July 19, 2018