Tor Books doesn’t publish graphic novels very often, so the upcoming release of DC Comics artist Prentis Rollins‘s full-length graphic novel The Furnace in July is a special thing for them.
As a young man, physicist Walton Honderich made a choice while working as part of an innovative prisoner surveillance program run by the government. The result directly led to the death of a close friend and unimaginable torment for an entire class of people across the country.
Twenty years later, can Walton confront the ghosts of his past?
And he also got his boss from the DC days to say a few words:
Prentis Rollins creates a future uncomfortably around the corner, and populates it with very human people confronting themselves and their destinies. You can feel a lifetime of craft at making comics stretching into something more.
–PAUL LEVITZ, writer, former Publisher, DC Comics
Here’s a look ahead at The Furnace... you can order it in advance here.
- Gendercrunching Quarterly, DC and Marvel Comics, Spring 2018 - July 15, 2018
- Big Hero 6’s Gus Vasquez Needs a Hero of His Own - July 15, 2018
- Zenescope Brings a Different Flavour to Women In Comics Panels at San Diego Comic-Con - July 15, 2018
- Mike Holman and Lee Thompson Promoted at Diamond Comics UK in John Hitchen’s Absence - July 15, 2018
- Doctor Who’s Back – And She’s Bringing That Same Copy of The Beano With Her - July 15, 2018