If you’ve gotta go fast, or be shown dae wae, Puma and Sega are working on something special for you. The game company has paired up with the fashion house to provide some Sonic sneakers for the speed enthusiasts among us.
Today during the Sonic the Hedgehog panel at this year’s SXSW event, Sega announced that it would be teaming up with clothing company Puma to release a line of Sonic the Hedgehog apparel.
Although Sega did not go into full detail as to what type of Puma x Sonic gear would be released, what we do know is that a limited-edition pair of shoes, the PUMA x SEGA RS-0 SONIC will launch sometime this June. Additionally, Sega provided fans with a teaser video, with a pixilated image of the new shoes.
The pixelated images of the shoes actually look kind of cool from what we can tell at this point. It looks like they pay homage to the classic Sonic games, which is exactly what we want of our running shoes. Granted, they aren’t direct matches for Sonic’s personal shoes, so you can’t cosplay with these, nor are there any Knuckles themed shoes, but they’re still pretty sweet kicks.
You can check them out in the teaser trailer below.
- Review: Reaching Younger Readers with Sonic The Hedgehog
- SXSW Reveals the 2018 Gaming Awards Winners
- South Korea’s Game Industry is Quietly Ferreting Out Feminist Devs - April 26, 2018
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset Impressions - April 26, 2018
- Usain Bolt to Attempt the Xbox Game Pass Challenge Today - April 26, 2018
- The PC Building Simulator has Sold 100,000 Copies - April 26, 2018
- Pre-Orders Now Live for Mutant: Year Zero’s Mechatron Expansion - April 26, 2018