Blizzard formally announced today that Brigitte will finally move out of the PTR and into Overwatch‘s main roster as the 27th hero starting on Tuesday, March 20th. The character will be available for all modes of play, but like all updates, will not be included in the Overwatch League until Stage Two is finished. Below are the official character description and abilities sent out by Blizzard today, finalizing any changes she may have taken from the PTR servers during testing.
The daughter of weapons designer, Torbjörn Lindholm, Brigitte was the first of his children to show an interest in mechanical engineering. Brigitte spent much of her spare time in her father’s workshop, learning the trade and honing her skills. Her aptitude for engineering mirrored that of her father’s, but Brigitte’s primary interest was in armor fabrication and defensive systems, unlike Torbjörn, who was world renowned (and perhaps infamous) for the weapons he created.
Brigitte specializes in armor and defense. She can throw Repair Packs to heal teammates, or automatically heal nearby allies when she damages foes with her Flail. Her Flail is capable of a wide swing to strike multiple targets, or a Whip Shot that stuns an enemy at range. When entering the fray, Barrier Shield provides personal defense while she attacks enemies with Shield Bash. Brigitte’s ultimate ability, Rally, gives her a substantial short-term boost of speed and provides long-lasting armor to all her nearby allies.
Her abilities include:
- Rocket Flail – Brigitte’s melee weapon has an extended range, enabling her to strike multiple enemies with a single swing.
- Repair Pack – Brigitte throws a Repair Pack that can heal an ally. Any healing over that ally’s maximum health provides them with armor instead.
- Whip Shot – Brigitte throws her flail a long distance, dealing damage and knocking an enemy away from her.
- Barrier Shield – Brigitte deploys a frontal energy barrier to absorb a limited amount of damage.
- Shield Bash – Once her Barrier Shield is deployed, Brigitte can dash forward to stun an enemy.
- Inspire – When Brigitte hits enemies with her flail, she also heals nearby allies over time.
- Rally – Brigitte moves faster and provides all nearby allies with armor that lasts until it’s removed by damage.
- Overwatch League's Code of Conduct is Leaked to Public
- Overwatch Gives Brigitte a Launch Trailer as She Enters the Game
- Overwatch Shows Off the Artwork That Went Into Brigitte
- Overwatch Will Nerf Sombra Again in the Next Patch
- Overwatch League's Dallas Fuel Have Released Félix “xQc” Lengyel After Second Suspension
- Four Players Facing Diciplinary Action in Overwatch League
- Overwatch League's London Spitefire Part Ways With Head Coach Mid-Stage
- StarCraft Goods Coming to Blizzard Games to Celebrate 20th Anniversary Including New Widowmaker Skin in Overwatch
- Paladins President Wonders If Overwatch's Newest Hero Bares Similarities To One Of Their Own
- Check Out the Launch Trailer for Dark Souls: Remastered on Switch - October 19, 2018
- Dead By Daylight Launches “The Hallowed Blight” Halloween Event - October 19, 2018
- Atari Shows Off Their Atari Retro Handheld for the Holidays - October 19, 2018
- Days Gone Delayed Again on PS4 Until April 2019 - October 19, 2018
- Black Ops 4 Will Receive an Update Before Double XP Weekend - October 19, 2018