Studio Wildcard and War Drum Studios have joined forces to bring the ARK: Survival Evolved experience to mobile. The iOS and Android port of the game was designed and developed by War Drum Studios, and is a free-to-play version of the game which is designed to give mobile gamers the full online survival experience from the PC and console versions of the game.
In addition, War Drum has launched the limited closed beta on iOS to test the game ahead of a worldwide launch later this spring. Interested ARK survivors can visit www.playark.com/mobile to sign up for news on the game’s development and for your chance to participate in the mobile beta.
The mobile edition of the game even gives players the option to chose between a single-player experience or join the persistent online multiplayer. Either way, they’ll be stranded on a mysterious island, unarmed, and surrounded by vicious enemies. The point of Ark is for player to craft tools to survive, build bases, and tame one of the island’s dinosaurs.
The full list of features coming with the mobile version of the game include:
- 80+ Dinosaurs: Use cunning strategy and tactics to tame, train, ride and breed the many dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the dynamic, persistent ecosystems across land, sea, air, and even underground.
- Discover: Unearth rare blueprints and Explorer Notes written by previous human denizens of the ARK from across the millennia, detailing the mysterious island’s creatures and backstory.
- Craft and Build: Using any means necessary – survive, craft weapons, clothes, and items, and build shelters, villages, or even large cities. Plant, Harvest, Build, Level-Up, and Customize everything visually and functionally, including procedurally-generated RPG statistics for creatures, characters, resources, clothing, gear, and weapons, both primitive and modern.
- Play Alone or Team Up to Survive: Team up with, or prey on, up to 50 other players in a large-scale multiplayer online first-person environment, or choose single player mode to test alone your mettle against the dinos.
- Join a Tribe: The ‘Tribe’ system encourages cooperation, by supporting dynamic parties to share resources, XP, and re-spawn points.
You can check out the mobile trailer below.
- Blockchain Gaming, while the Current Fad, is Fated for Failure - April 19, 2018
- The CWL Pro League Stage One Finals Start Tomorrow - April 19, 2018
- Juggler Games’ My Memory of Us is Subtly Depressing - April 18, 2018
- Aftercharge is Good, Insane Multiplayer Shooter Fun - April 18, 2018
- For an Indie Sci-Fi Shooter, Dolmen has a Lot to Offer - April 18, 2018