Bandai Namco has been releasing a ton of trailers in the run up to the release of Level-5’s JRPG Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom. The first is a behind-the-scenes video released last night that goes into the visual development process for the game, with a focus on lighting, shadows, and Level-5’s attempt to make the game look like a 2D anime despite featuring 3D graphics.
The design process was explained by Art Director Nobuyuki Yanai and you can check it out below.
The second video is a character profile on Roland, the mysterious President from another world brought to the land of Ding Dong Dell to assist Evan. Roland functions as both protector and mentor to Evan throughout the game, providing him with a suitable role model for what a proper leader should act like.
One of the core mysteries of Roland’s character arc is just why he was brought to Ni No Kuni and how exactly he’ll return to his own world. If he chooses to return to his own world.
You can check out the character highlight reel for Roland below. Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom will launch for PS4 and PC on March 23rd.
- Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Just Upped The Difficulty
- Ni No Kuni II Passes 900k Units While the Series Sits at 2.8 Million Sold
- Bandai Namco Releases a Patch for Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
- Yo-Kai Watch 4 is Coming to the Nintendo Switch
- Leadership Without Personality – We Review Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
- Level-5's CEO Says All Major Titles Will Now Come Out on Nintendo Switch
- Level-5 is Planning a Modern-Day RPG as Next Title
- Layton Mystery Detective Agency Gets a Second Trailer with Mysteries
- Little Witch Academia: Chamber Of Time is Coming in May
- Bandai Namco Drops a Lengthy English Trailer for Super Robot Wars X
- Sony to Halt Production on the PS Vita in Japan Next Year - September 20, 2018
- Capcom Reveals Resident Evil 2 Remake Gameplay at TGS - September 20, 2018
- Old Man Dante Stars in Devil May Cry 5’s TGS Trailer - September 20, 2018
- World of Final Fantasy Maxima Introduces New Characters and Monsters at TGS - September 20, 2018
- League of Legends Dev Riot Games Partners with Mastercard - September 19, 2018