If you’re from the Maryland area, you know what Old Bay is. If you’ve never heard of it, it’s a seasoning made by McCormick Spice Company, and it goes on everything. Traditionally people put it on crab, shrimp, and other seafood, but truthfully it goes on everything. Fries, beer, soup, sandwiches, salads, and yes — ice cream. My love for Old Bay knows no bounds — when I sweat, I sweat Old Bay seasoning. It’s actually really gross.
The Charmery in Hampden — a popular Baltimore neighborhood — is known for its unique and delightful ice cream flavors. The shop offers fanciful twists on popular flavors such as vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate, and then offers unique flavors such as black sesame, cheese fries, apple ginger, and this one: Old Bay Caramel.
Old Bay has a little spice behind it, which is a little weird to have in my ice cream. But every bite was delicious and had a little kick with it. This flavor is normally on the menu, so the next time you’re in town, grab yourself a scoop!
- Just Keep Swimming to Get These Limited-Edition Finding Nemo Pins - July 29, 2018
- Q+A with Matt Ellison, Senior Producer on LEGO DC Super-Villains - July 29, 2018
- War Machine Marketing’s Ro Kohli Talks Pantera Mini Guitars, Custom Toys, and More! - July 29, 2018
- A Perfect Han and Leia Close Out Our Last Cosplay Shots from SDCC 2018 - July 27, 2018
- Barzinga with Bleeding Cool’s Kaitlyn Booth: San Diego Comic-Con Aftermath - July 27, 2018