Square Enix finally took the word “project” off the front of Octopath Traveler and crowned that the official title for the game before releasing game footage and details for the Nintendo Direct presentation today. Below is the official segment from the video along with the official descriptor info from Nintendo about the game, but at first glimpse, it looks pretty awesome as the character job selection reminds us a bit of Final Fantasy Tactics. The game will officially be released on July 13th, which means we’re probably going to see full demos of it at E3 this year, if not sooner at PAX East now that it’s less than five months away.
Producer Masashi Takahashi from Square Enix revealed new details about the upcoming RPG, including the final game name, Octopath Traveler, two more main characters (Tressa the Merchant and Alfyn the Apothecary) and the ability to equip multiple jobs per character for use in battle. Octopath Traveler launches exclusively for Nintendo Switch on July 13. Octopath Traveler: Wayfarer’s Edition, a special edition bundle that includes a stylized pop-up book, a helpful cloth map, the Octopath Traveler: Sound Selections CD and a replica coin based on the in-game currency, launches the same day.
- Square Enix Releases a Ton of New Images for Octopath Traveler
- Square Enix Shows Off New Screenshots and Art for Octopath Traveler
- Square Enix Releases New Screenshots and Art for Octopath Traveler
- Nintendo Show Off Everything They Can for Mario Tennis Aces
- Splatoon 2 Gets New DLC in the Octo Expansion This Summer
- Okami HD is Headed to the Nintendo Switch
- Super Smash Bros. Announced for Nintendo Switch, and It's Coming This Year
- Square Enix Wants To Dump A Ton Of Their Titles On The Nintendo Switch
- No, Final Fatasy XV Will Not Be Coming To Switch