In what we can only assume is a response to overwhelming fan demand, global entertainment superstar John Cena is rumored to have auditioned for the role of hosting a rebooted Blue’s Clues at Nickelodeon. Cena, a 16-time WWE champion, has been gradually transitioning from his role as an in-ring performer to a children’s television host over the past few years, and the transformation could be permanent if Cena lands a gig on such a beloved children’s property. Cena also voices the character Baron Draxum on Nickelodeon’s rebooted Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, amongst other projects for the network.
The Blue’s Clues reboot is official, with Entertainment Weekly reporting the news yesterday. Speculation that Cena could be up for the role comes after journalist Jason Lynch tweeted a photo of Cena apparently auditioning for the show, wearing the host’s signature green striped shirt. Once the backbone of WWE, Cena’s role has lessened in recent years as he pursues outside opportunities and as Roman Reigns grows into his role as the new John Cena. The old John Cena, it seems, may be putting his talent entertaining children to better use outside of the wrestling ring. The role of Blue’s Clues host may be edgier fare than Cena is used to in WWE, but he would still be a pretty good fit for the concept.
Even WWE picked up on the speculation, posting an article on their own website speculating on whether Cena really auditioned for the role, which increases the likelihood that something will come of this rumor. We’re gonna sit down in our comfortable Thinking Chair and ponder these clues as we try to sort it all out. We’ll keep you updated.
- Tragedy Strikes as Daniel Bryan Brutally Assaulted Hours After Announcing In-Ring Return - March 21, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – Captain America’s Hypocrisy X-Posed in Despicable Deadpool #296 - March 20, 2018
- Yes! Yes! Yes! WWE Clears Daniel Bryan for Return to Ring - March 20, 2018
- Tennis Star Serena Williams Wants to Clear Up Just One Thing About Avatar: The Last Airbender - March 20, 2018
- Archie Meets Batman ’66 in Crossover Comic - March 20, 2018