Batman #44 looks like it’s doing a reprise of the incredible Coupling episode ‘Split’ but, you know, without splitting up. And intending marriage instead.
The solicit promises us that ‘Something Blue’ by Tom King, Mikel Janin, and Joelle Jones will follow Batman and Catwoman on two separate but parallel paths as their wedding plans kick into high gear.
Selina picks out her dress, and Bruce starts to make arrangements for their new life together.
And we will see both stories as they intertwine.
Sorry, I really liked that episode of Coupling.
And it looks like the comic in question will have an extra main cover to match. One by Mikel Janin, featuring Bruce Wayne in his wedding suit, facing his Batself.
And one by Joelle Jones featuring Selina Kyle in her wedding dress, admiring her Catwoman self. Cosplay for conventions anyone?
DC Comics will ship this at a 50/50 split.
Out on April 4th.
(W) Tom King (A) Joelle Jones (A/CA) Mikel Janin
“SOMETHING BLUE”! Follow Batman and Catwoman on two separate but parallel paths as their wedding planning kicks into high gear. Selina picks out her dress, and Bruce starts to make arrangements for their new life together-but this being Gotham City, and they being Batman and Catwoman, you can bet that nothing will go as expected!In Shops: Apr 04, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 18th December 2018, Okay, Really One Week To Go - December 18, 2018
- DC Comics March 2019 Solicits Has – or Had – Eric Esquivel Writing Nightwing - December 17, 2018
- DC Comics March 2019 Solicits Subject to Cover Leaks – Including Detective Comics #1000 - December 17, 2018
- The Twelve Gold Titles For Free Comic Book Day 2019, Revealed – Whedonverse, Riverdale Season 2 1/2, The Road to TMNT 100 and More - December 17, 2018
- Preview of a Brand New Avengers #1 from IDW – Without Tony in the Suit? - December 17, 2018