CD Projekt RED’s Community Manager has taken to Twitter to give a big hint that Geralt will be stepping outside of the realm of The Witcher and into another video game franchise later this year.
Guest appearances in video games are always a little fun. They can be cool cross promotions like Aloy being in Monster Hunter: World, as well as bizarre, such as Gordon Freeman stepping into the world of Final Fantasy XV. Still, it’s fun to see them happen, as seeing companies work together to bring weird little bits of content out there is always neat.
It seems Geralt is gearing up to step outside of his own world and into another franchise later this year, though. Taking to Twitter, CD Projekt RED’s community manager Marcin Momot teased a crossover, saying:
— Marcin Momot (@Marcin360) March 6, 2018
This, of course, could just be testing the water — but assuming it’s not, the speculation as to where he will turn up is certainly going to fly. The instantly obvious suggestion is Monster Hunter: World. As mentioned, they’ve already done crossovers with Horizon: Zero Dawn, and monster hunting is kind of what Geralt does. However, the tweet does mention an “upcoming video game”, and since Monster Hunter: World is already out, it would seemingly exclude that. My personal guess is Soul Calibur 6, as it’s known for outlandish guest characters such as Ezio from Assassin’s Creed 2. There will, of course, be speculation around stuff like any upcoming Super Smash Bros, but… well, let’s not get too carried away.
- Elder Dragon Kulve Taroth Comes to Monster Hunter: World
- Capcom Now Offering Character Editor Vouchers for Monster Hunter: World
- Masahiro Sakurai Confirms He's Working on a New Super Smash Bros.
- The Division 2 is Set to Release Before April 2019 - May 18, 2018
- Microsoft Unveils Xbox Adaptive Controller Which Makes Gaming More Accessible - May 17, 2018
- Shenmue 3 has Been Delayed to 2019 - May 16, 2018
- Gearbox Head Seemingly Says Borderlands 3 Won’t Be at E3 - May 16, 2018
- Metro Exodus has Been Delayed Until 2019 - May 16, 2018