CD Projekt Red has hinted in a presentation that Cyberpunk 2077 might be coming to the next generation of home consoles.
We still don’t know a lot about Cyberpunk 2077. The game is still shrouded in mystery, with only a few small tid bits coming out here and there about the title. Those little tidbits have begun to flow a little more regularly in recent weeks though. It’s not been confirmed, but it seems there is a lot of speculation surrounding a possible E3 showing this year, leaving many to wonder if the game isn’t all that far off in the grand scheme of things.
Well, here is a bit of news that while it doesn’t reveal much, it does give us something to think about around how soon we can expect the game. In a presentation a the Pareto Securities Gaming Seminar 2018 event, CD Projekt Red’s CFO Piotr Nielubowicz and CEO Adam Kiciński spoke about Cyberpunk 2077 and on one slide it hinted that it may be being developed for future hardware. Specifically, it said it was working on the title for “current and next-generation technology”. You can catch the presentation slide here (via Gaming Bolt).
Of course, this could mean a lot of things. Console generations are seemingly evolving before our eyes at the moment with both the Xbox One X and PlayStation Pro acting as half steps to the next generation. We don’t quite know when or what the next generation will look like which means that it’s hard to glean much information here. Cyberpunk 2077 could also be a game that lands on current gen consoles before seeing an update to next-gen whenever that launches a la Grand Theft Auto V. Still, it is interesting that developers working on games now are already thinking about the next generation. How long until we as an audience have to?
- PlayStation Network Will Go Down Again Tonight For Maintenance
- Sony Reveals PlayStation's GDC 2018 Schedule and Games
- Brigitte Is a Breath of Fresh Air for the Overwatch League – Even When She’s Not Played - May 24, 2018
- Mads Mikkelsen Says Death Stranding Needs Collaboration from People All Around the World - May 24, 2018
- Banner Saga 2 is Coming to the Nintendo Switch in June - May 24, 2018
- Battlefield V Will Not Feature Any Lootboxes - May 24, 2018
- As a Fan, I Have No Desire to Play Destiny 2 Right Now – and That’s Fine - May 23, 2018