Back in January there were some set photos released of Brie Larson in a Captain Marvel uniform that made a good portion of the internet lose their minds. The colors were off, and people didn’t know how to react to it. Earlier this month Kevin Feige brushed off the leak as if it wasn’t a big deal. The costume we all want is going to be there, as Marvel concept artist Andy Park told Cinema Blend:
I think it’s always funny seeing people’s reaction… People are so ready to jump on and to react and make decisions so quickly. I would just say I would hope that they would just know from the past that judging too quickly is… How do I word this? They’re going to be happy. I think they’re going to be happy. I mean, Kevin Feige said it in an interview. We revealed the concept art that I did, myself and other artists did, of Captain Marvel at last year’s San Diego Comic-Con, so I mean, I think that alone should hopefully alleviate some of those fears that people have.
So there is: once again, no worry about those leaked pictures. That costume isn’t the one we’re going to see throughout the entire movie. It’s probably just a version of one that she wears early on.
Captain Marvel, directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, will also star Brie Larson, Jude Law, DeWanda Wise, Gemma Chan, Samuel L. Jackson. The film is set for release on March 8th, 2019.
- Captain Marvel: Is Nick Fury Going Full Skrull?
- Part 5: Kevin Feige on Everything MCU in New Entertainment Weekly
- Second Reel: Dredd (2012) Deserves a Sequel - November 18, 2018
- Widows Review: A Dynamic and Fantastic Heist Movie - November 18, 2018
- 5 Amazing Movies That You Probably Missed in 2018 - November 18, 2018
- Johnny Depp Continues to Shatter the Magic of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - November 16, 2018
- 5 New Character Posters for Mary Poppins Returns - November 16, 2018