Tom Holland surprised children at the LAC+USC Hospital in LA with the first of $1 million of toys donated to charity through the Marvel: The Universe Unites charity campaign today. Holland, Spider-Man for those who don’t know, showed up in an Amazon truck to give the kids toys donated by everyone’s favorite Pop vinyl figure company Funko.
Marvel’s Spider-Man himself, Tom Holland, made a surprise visit to LA County + USC Medical Center today to personally deliver the first of $1 million worth of toys donated by Funko to Starlight Children’s Foundation. Tom arrived in Amazon’s Treasure Truck to make the special delivery before spending time with children at the hospital.
The surprise is part of Marvel: The Universe Unites, an epic charity campaign combining the super powers of the cast of Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity War to help support children’s charities and count down to the launch of movie related products on March 3.
Tom commented, “These kids are real-life super heroes – it was an inspiring experience to spend some time with them and deliver the first batch of toys from Funko. I’m honored to be a part of such an incredible cast and to support this great campaign that aims to bring joy to the lives of hospitalized children and their families.”
The week-long event kicked off with a social media challenge for the stars of Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity War. Cast members received special toy care packages filled with new products celebrating their Marvel character to be donated to children’s hospitals. Their mission? To create a picture or video to reveal the new toys to fans and post on social media with the goal of collectively reaching a million likes. The Super Heroes moved at record speed with their #HeroActs posts and reached the goal in less than 24 hours, unlocking a $250,000 donation to Starlight Children’s Foundation.Super Heroes lending their support in this campaign include:
- Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow)
- Sebastian Stan (Winter Soldier)
- Karen Gillan (Nebula)
- Paul Bettany (Vision)
- Mark Ruffalo (Hulk)
- Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man)
- Dave Bautista (Drax)
- Don Cheadle (War Machine)
- Zoe Zaldana (Gamora)
- Chadwick Boseman (Black Panther)
- Tom Holland (Spider-Man)
- Pom Klementieff (Mantis)
Starting on March 3, Amazon will also be supporting the campaign with a special Amazon Wish List where donations will be directed to Starlight.
- Disney Announces Six New Marvel Release Dates
- Captain Marvel Screenwriter Talks About The "Action-Comedy" Tone
- Castle Talk: Midnighters Asks, "Can This Marriage Survive Keeping a Dead Guy in the Garage?"
- [RUMOR] World War Z 2 Production Has Been Pushed Back
- [SXSW] Ready Player One Events Announced
- Disney's Live-Action Mulan Has Been Delayed Until 2020
- The Umbrella Academy: The Big Short's John Magaro Joins Series
- Captain Marvel Writer Shares Why the Character was a Joy to Write
- Castle Rock: Chosen Jacobs of 'It' Joins Hulu's Stephen King Series
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Gets a New Wave of Funko Pops
- Daisy Ridley Says J.J. Abrams Wrote Drafts for Star Wars Episodes 8 and 9
- Han Solo Hot Toys Release Revealed To Celebrate Solo Opening - May 24, 2018
- Wolverine Gets Two New Gentle Giant Statues This Winter - May 22, 2018
- Spyro The Dragon Gets a Funko Pop! Plus: E3 Exclusives! - May 22, 2018
- Godzilla Gets a Humongous New S.H. Monsterarts Figure - May 18, 2018
- Doctor Strange Avengers: Infinity War Hot Toy Coming in 2019 - May 18, 2018