One of the major elements of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire is exploration, and because you’ll be exploring the Deadfire Archipelago this time around, you need a ship. We’ve known ships were coming to Deadfire for a while now, but the latest backer update for the game shows us exactly how ships will work. Specifically, we’re learning about the ship crew and ship combat systems, as these will replace the Strongholds from Pillars I.
Producer Katrina Garsten and Design Director Josh Sawyer took on the teaching roles this time around, complete with muppet-like versions of themselves. The ship system was recently added to the Backer Beta for the game, which makes this a pretty timely teaching tool.
You can watch the backer update video below.
The backer update also came with the following caveat for backers:
If you have yet to complete your pledges and surveys, please do so! Completing your pledge helps us get you your copy of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire on launch day. If you have not completed your survey by this time, we cannot guarantee that it will make it into the game when Deadfire launches. We will get late surveys in through patches, but will be unable to do so on release. To fill out your survey, head over to your Eternity Account Profile and to the Surveys Page.
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Has Been Pushed To May
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 has an Xbox Game Preview Launch Trailer - May 21, 2018
- AretuzaAndyWand Takes Home May 2018 Gwent Open Title - May 21, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Director on the end of Lara Croft’s Origin Story - May 21, 2018
- Tencent Acquires Majority Stake in Path of Exile Dev Grinding Gear - May 21, 2018
- The Elder Scrolls Online Celebrates the Summerset Expansion Launch with a New Trailer - May 21, 2018