Ubisoft has released a new live-action trailer for Far Cry 5 which goes into the history of the game’s main villain, Joseph Seed.
The Far Cry 5 marketing has been a bit up and down in terms of tone. From the more silly, to the more serious, Ubisoft has been yo-yoing between showing off the more frivolous and funny nature of the series, as well as the potentially pretty serious tale of a religious cult in mid-West America. It means it’s not been entirely clear what the tone of the game is, but it is certainly peaking interest as people want to figure out exactly what this thing is.
This newest trailer is certainly on the more serious side. It shows actor Greg Bryk taking on the role he plays in the game as ‘The Father’, or Joseph Seed. Far Cry has become known for its flashy and sadistic villains, and this doesn’t seem to have changed here. The trailer, rather disconnectedly, goes over the life of Seed and gives hints as to how he becomes what he becomes. There is obviously a lot more to the story not being told here, but it is definitely a neat little watch. Take a look:
I hope both Seed and Far Cry 5 can find their identity when the game comes out. It’s hard to gauge how this title is going to turn out and how viciously it will go in on its potentially poignant subject matter, but I am rooting for it. Also, having an exciting new villain could go a long way here. It’s pretty clear that Bryk is going for it so hopefully, that comes across in game.
- Far Cry 5 Gets a Short "Bill Of Rights" Trailer from Ubisoft
- Report Says a Battle Royale Mode is Being Tested for the Next Battlefield - April 19, 2018
- Map Selection Being Added to PUBG Very Soon - April 19, 2018
- Overwatch’s New Rialto Map is Currently Live on the PTR - April 19, 2018
- Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Announced With Teaser Trailer - April 19, 2018
- Epic Games Says New Fortnite Maps Aren’t a Priority - April 18, 2018