As reported not too long ago, McDonald’s brought back the Szechuan Sauce for the masses. After the sauce saw a spike in popularity after Rick and Morty brought it up in an episode, a comeback was inevitable. The initial limited release was met with more hostility than a sauce packet should ever start, but oh man. It was entertaining. And now McDonald’s has released the sauce — again — in larger quantities.
It had been years since I’d had this sauce. I do remember the promotion with the Mulan movie, though truth to be told I was more excited about the toys than the sauce. I remember it tasted vaguely like soy sauce, and that was it. So after over a decade of not having what people claim to be the greatest sauce ever, I gave it a try.
Maybe that’s a little harsh, but it’s basically sweetened soy sauce with a hint of teriyaki. That’s it. It went fine on my fries, and I’m sure it tastes fine with chicken nuggets. But this sauce was not worth the intense hype that surrounded it. If you’re feeling nostalgic (or you just really like Rick and Morty) then you should absolutely get a packet. If you’re the rest of the world, this should be a hard pass.
- Uniqlo’s Fantasia Collection Brings Some Disney Magic to Your Wardrobe - April 25, 2018
- Ready to See Avengers: Infinity War? Step Out in Style with GameStop - April 24, 2018
- Nerd Food: Sweet Heat Skittles Give Your Mouth a Spicy Kick - April 24, 2018
- Nerd Food: This Toy Story Pizza Planet Fondue is Out of This World - April 24, 2018
- Nerd Fashion: Jordandené Brings Nerd Power to Fashion and Podcasting - April 24, 2018