Dabel Brothers Publishing have announced a deal with urban fantasy author Kevin Hearne to adapt his New York Times Best Selling novel Hounded, the first of the Iron Druid Chronicles. The first issue of Hounded will be in comics shops on April 25th and will tell the story of Atticus O’Sullivan, a centuries old Druid living in modern-day Arizona and hiding out from an angry Celtic god of love, who wants him dead. Atticus is not without friends though including a pair of lawyers, one a vampire and the other a werewolf, his talking Irish wolfhound named Oberon and the Morgan, the Celtic goddess of death. And why does Aenghus Og want him dead? So he can get back the magical sword Fragarach that Atticus now possesses.
In addition to the nine-book Iron Druid Chronicles series (Scourged, the final book, is due out April 3rd, 2018), Hearne recently released A Plague of Giants, the first novel in his epic fantasy trilogy titled The Seven Kennings. Hearne’s Heir to the Jedi: Star Wars novel also spent time on the New York Times best seller list, and he recently completed Kill the Farm Boy, written in collaboration with fellow NYT bestselling author Delilah S. Dawson. It is due out July 17th of this year.
Headed to Emerald City Comic Con? Both Kevin Hearne and Dabel Brothers Publishing (booth #1813) will be at Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle, Washington from March 1st–4th. Signing and panel times can be found on the Dabel Brothers Facebook and website.
No creative team was listed as part of the announcement.
You can read a review of the Hounded novel here.
- Andrea Mutti’s Process Art for Swashbucklers: The Saga Continues #1 - April 21, 2018
- Batgirl vs. Supergirl in the Latest DC Versus Video - April 21, 2018
- Falcon vs. The Karate Kid in Karate Piñata on Jimmy Fallon - April 21, 2018
- CBS Quietly Cancels Mark Feuerstein’s Comedy Series ‘9JKL’ - April 21, 2018
- Joseph Michael Linsner and Kristina Deak-Linsner Talk Vampirella: Roses for the Dead - April 21, 2018