Sony has offered up the sales figures for Horizon Zero Dawn showing the game has sold over 7.6 million copies in its first year.
Horizon Zero Dawn launched last year in the rather crazy few week period when it, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Mass Effect: Andromeda all launched. It is a testament to how good that game is that people are still talking about it a year later. We even liked it enough to give it game of the year, and last year was an excellent year for games. It seems we were not alone in our love either. A lot of people played the game.
Sony has now released sales numbers for the game on its first birthday, and for a console-exclusive game, they are pretty impressive. It was revealed that the game had been picked up 7.6 million times. These numbers account for both physical and digital sales. This is an impressive feat by the game, and one has to imagine that work on a sequel is already well under way. It’s not every day that a new, exclusive IP comes around and hits it out the park, so Sony really does have a winner on its hands. The company is already well known for its high-profile exclusives, and to now have a massive new franchise under its belt is great. It seemingly can stand shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Uncharted, The Last of Us, and God of War, and just maybe, surpass them. Big robot dinosaurs will do that.
- Horizon Zero Dawn Gets an Anniversary Video and More
- The PS4 is Getting a Special God Of War Bundle Edition
- Good Smile Company Has A New Breath Of The Wild Guardian Figure
- Report Says a Battle Royale Mode is Being Tested for the Next Battlefield - April 19, 2018
- Map Selection Being Added to PUBG Very Soon - April 19, 2018
- Overwatch’s New Rialto Map is Currently Live on the PTR - April 19, 2018
- Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Announced With Teaser Trailer - April 19, 2018
- Epic Games Says New Fortnite Maps Aren’t a Priority - April 18, 2018