We’ve been reporting since June last year that Ta-Nehisi Coates will be writing the ongoing Captain America comic book for Marvel. And now, after an extended run from Mark Waid and Chris Samnee — before Samnee leaves for DC Comics — all the indications are that this will be announced next week. That we will see a new Captain America #1 written by Coates for July 4th, Independence Day. And a teaser on May 5th, Free Comic Book Day.
But which hallowed institution will make the official announcement? I’ve been told to do a lot of refreshing for The Atlantic’s home page, the publication that Coates is most associated with.
But I also note that on Tuesday, Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman will join Black Panther comic book writer Coates onstage at the Apollo Theater in Harlem, New York, for a conversation on the Black Panther and his cultural significance.
Tickets sold out fast — but it would be a very interesting place to a) announce such news or b) discuss any such announced news.
Anyone made plans to go?
- The Daily LITG – 18th October 2018 - October 18, 2018
- Titan Scorch Earth on Diablo Comic Book Listings - October 17, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels All Orders for Sandman: Overture Gallery Edition – For Now - October 17, 2018
- Tibalt Appears on Magic The Gathering: Chandra #3, Fandom Goes Wild - October 17, 2018
- Fortnite Parody Comic ‘Fartnite’ to be Published From Remy Eisu Mokhtar and Chris Crosby - October 17, 2018