In case you’ve still got a hankering for sailing the seven seas and getting scurvy while looking for treasure, you’ll be happy to know that Rare is conducting another Scale Test for Sea of Thieves this weekend for everyone with a beta build to join in on. Now to be very clear with you, this is essentially the same beta you’ve been playing this entire time, so there’s no new additions or things for you personally to test out if you’re thinking of exploring. The entire point of the scale test is to see how well the game performs overall with as many players as it can hold online.
Basically, this is their way of seeing how many people a crowded room can hold before the floor starts feeling like it’s about to cave in. These types of tests are done to make sure that when the game goes live and it’s open for anyone and everyone to purchase, thousands of people can play on a single server and not crash the thing out, while also being able to still hold up in graphics, sound, missions, NPCs, etc. So honestly, if you have access to the beta, get online and have some fun. You’ll have until Sunday, February 25th at 2am PST to play in this beta.
- Sea of Thieves Launches $100K Golden Bananas Quest
- The Latest Sea of Thieves Trailer Shows Off Customization Options
- A Celebration of Tank Girl from Titan Comics May 2018 Solicits
- Sea Of Thieves Developers Talk About The NPC Interactions
- Sea of Thieves is Doing Stress Tests This Month to Prep for Launch
- More Details Emerge About Sea Of Thieves Endgame Additions
- Rare Reveals the PC Specs for Sea of Thieves on Windows 10
- Fortnite Receives a New Vehicle in the Latest Patch - October 16, 2018
- Treyarch Teases Next DLC Zombie Map for Black Ops 4 - October 16, 2018
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for October 16-22, 2018 - October 16, 2018
- Fortnite YouTuber Gets Sued By Epic Games for Selling Cheats - October 15, 2018
- UK’s National Videogame Museum Opens Permanently in November - October 15, 2018