It’s been a hot minute since we heard the announcement that 4:33 Creative Lab and NextAge Co. would be working with Columbia Pictures and Ghost Corps on a Ghostbusters mobile game. Well, today on the game’s official social media channels, we got a couple teasers that show us what their upcoming game Ghostbusters World will really be like, and as you can see from the Twitter and Facebook videos below, it’s basically a Ghostbusters version of Pokémon GO.
Fire up your mobile devices!
Specters, poltergeists, full-roaming vapors, and more from your favorite @Ghostbusters movies, TV shows, comics and video games are about to invade our world. #GhostbustersWorld #GhostbustersAR #Ghostbusters pic.twitter.com/m1hfzmdjL6
— Ghostbusters World (@next_age_ar) February 23, 2018
It’s pretty clear from the imagery you see here that the entire purpose of the game will have you running around town hunting ghosts, hitting them with your proton pack’s stream, and then capturing them to most likely dump off in a containment unit for some kind of credits or points. On the one hand, we’re sure there are a lot of Pokémon GO and even Ingress players looking for an alternative, but on the other hand, is it worth going and playing a clone with a different IP and skin? We’ll see as we patiently wait for an official launch date.
- FireRed and LeafGreen Trainer Outfits Added to Pokémon GO
- Did Niantic Give Away The Next Pokémon GO Community Day Pokémon?
- Mobile Game Pigeon Pop Gets Caught Stealing Artwork
- Pokémon GO Expands Community Day Due to Unsurprising Server Issues
- Toy Fair New York: McFarlane Toys Goes to the Upside Down With Stranger Things
- Toy Fair New York: Playmobil Shines with Ghostbusters, Dragons, World Cup, and Monsters!
- Star Trek: The Next Generation Travel to the Mirror Universe in IDW May 2018 Solicits
- Lovecraft Meets Jazz- the Jazz Legend: Scout Comics May 2018 Solicits
- Top 500 Most-Ordered Comics & Graphic Novels of January 2018
- Fortnite Gears Up for Season 6 and the Impending Fall Skirmish - September 20, 2018
- Sony Is Getting Out of the Handheld Gaming Business - September 20, 2018
- Kamehameha! We Review Razer’s Dragon Ball FighterZ Panthera Arcade Stick - September 20, 2018
- The Gardens Between Receives a New Launch Trailer - September 20, 2018
- Making Money!: We Review Dungeons & Dragons – Waterdeep: Dragon Heist - September 20, 2018