Season 3 of Fortnite is under way now that patch v.3.0.0 is live, adding 60 frames per second support for PlayStation 4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, and Xbox One X consoles. 60 FPS will be the new standard on all console versions, but the patch notes do make it clear that you can choose to switch back to 30 FPS in return for higher quality graphics.
The patch also brings the Season 3 Battle Pass and updated rewards list and faster, easier building along with it. In addition, the Hand Cannon weapon is coming to Battle Royale and Save the World mode, while the hoverboard is making its debut in Save the World mode, which should save you energy as you explore each zone.
Season 3 is also bringing a new new orchestral music score composed by Marco Beltrami, whose work in film includes The Hurt Locker, and Logan.
The last of the notable changes is that Epic has introduced a color blind option alongside general bug fixes, too.
You can read the full patch notes from Epic here.
In related Fortnite news, the double-pump shotgun has seen some balance changes, and you’ll be able to play as John Wick in game in an upcoming update. We don’t have many details as to when you’ll be able to do so, just that the change is coming in the near future.
- Fortnite Surpasses PUBG For Most Watched Battle Royale On Twitch
- Fortnite Is Officially Getting Jetpacks In Battle Royale
- Thousands Of Fortnite Fans Just Helped A Student With AP Chemistry
- The First Two Turok Games Headed To Xbox One
- Black Panther's Awesome Villain Erik Killmonger Gets a Hot Toys Release
- We Take a Look at the Thanos Figure from Avengers: Infinity War
- Mondo Has a New Batman: The Animated Series Figure, and it Looks Awesome
- We Take a Look at the Iron Spider Spider-Man Figure from Avengers: Infinity War
- Alterac Pass is Live in Heroes of the Storm - June 19, 2018
- 7 New Tracks and Weeny Issi Classic Races Roll Out in GTA Online This Week - June 19, 2018
- Warframe’s New Limbo Prime is Now Available on PC and Console - June 19, 2018
- DeathGarden Enters its Closed Beta Test Phase - June 19, 2018
- Call of Duty: WWII is Getting a Third DLC Expansion Later This Month - June 19, 2018