This is mindless speculation. Joining the dots. Possibly taking what is meant to be a picture of fruit and turning it into something far ruder. But bear us out.
Bleeding Cool ran Marvel’s full May 2018 solicitations this morning, surprising many. Including us.
And, for a comic not publishing the Fantastic Four as a comic book, there was a lot of Fantastic Four.
• In this issue: Spider-Man finds out how he’s outlived all his loved ones!
• YOU find out who’s in the Fantastic Four of the Future!
FANTASTIC FOUR OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC (NEW PRINTING)
This keepsake edition also includes all original letters pages and pinups, critical commentaries, a historical overview and other DVD-style extras. COLLECTING: FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #1-30, FANTASTIC FOUR ANNUAL (1963) #1
FANTASTIC FOUR BY JOHN BYRNE OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC (NEW PRINTING)
Collecting MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #61-62; MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE #50; FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #215-218, #220-221, #232-262 and ANNUAL #17; PETER PARKER, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #42; AVENGERS (1963) #233; THING (1983) #2; and ALPHA FLIGHT (1983) #4.
FANTASTIC FOUR: BEHOLD… GALACTUS HC
Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #48-50, #74-77, #120-123 and #242-244.
312 PGS./Rated T+ …$50.00
MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 20 HC
Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #219-231 and ANNUAL #15.
MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 20 HC — VARIANT EDITION VOL. 264 (DM ONLY)
MARVEL 2-IN-ONE #6
CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • JIM CHEUNG (A/C)
THE FATE OF THE FOUR – REVEALED AT LAST!
A mad final gambit against the death of a universe! Ben and Johnny join forces with familiar friends, but will DOOM ruin everything? THE FATE OF THE FOUR will be determined here!
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
We know that Reed, Sue, Franklin and Valeria are alive. But Ben and Johnny don’t. But Ben is pretending to Johnny that he does. And Ben and Johnny’s powers are starting to fade until they can find Reed and Sue.
Oh, and Disney is buying Fox. So the very principles behind Marvel not publishing a Fantastic Four comic, because Marvel fell out with Fox and wanted to thumb their noses in that general direction, have gone away.
You know, Marvel has been talking a lot about a fresh start… a Fantastic Four #1 in June might do just that. Written by Chip Zdarsky? Or will Marvel bring Jonathan Hickman back?
Just joining up some dots…
- Exclusive: Gallery 13 Grab Stephen King’s The Dark Tower Graphic Novel Rights from Marvel - June 19, 2018
- Marvel, DC and Others Persuade Comic Stores to Put Spinner Racks in Other Businesses - June 19, 2018
- Chris Hastings and Salva Espin do Deadpool as James Bond For Digital-First Comic, Secret Agent Deadpool - June 19, 2018
- Let’s All Play #WhoGetsWarped - June 19, 2018
- Advance Review: Tony Stark: Iron Man #1 by Dan Slott and Valerie Schiti – Will Tony Stark Become Self-Aware As Well? - June 19, 2018