The latest in a shocking string of coincidences wherein major media outlets conveniently discover the next inductee in WWE’s 2018 Hall of Fame Class, NBC Sports has reported that Jeff Jarrett is the next wrestler to join the exclusive club. Jarrett, who held the WWE Intercontinental Championship six times, was an eleven-time World Champion outside of WWE, including four times in WCW.
Jarrett also co-founded Impact Wrestling, then known as TNA, for a time WWE’s main competition after the fall of WCW, though the company’s buffoonish mistakes continually prevented them from making any kind of dent in WWE’s dominance. The company managed to earn WWE’s ire, but little else, as even in their press release announcing Jarrett’s induction, WWE refuses to mention the company by name, instead writing, “Jarrett continued to compete around the world and also began to promote shows that gave future WWE Superstars like AJ Styles, Bobby Roode, and Eric Young their first major exposure.”
Jarrett recently returned to power in Impact Wrestling, even lending the company the use of his new wrestling brand name, Global Force Wrestling, though he soon parted ways with the company after reports of unstable behavior. No word on who will induct Double J into the Hall of Fame, but our money is on a giant pile of gold karat bars.
Jarrett joins Ivory, the Dudley Boys, and Bill Goldberg, a wrestler who poops 20 times per day, in the 2018 Hall of Fame class. Hopefully, a major media outlet will “discover” another member next week.
- WWE Legend Road Dogg Apologizes for Homophobic Tweet About Former Partner Mr. Ass
- Ivory Joins 2018 WWE Hall of Fame Class
- Dudley Boyz Join 2018 WWE Hall-of-Fame Class
- Goldberg to be Inducted to WWE Hall of Fame, Presumably for Wrestling, not Pooping
- Delightful! Matt Hardy Has Won The War With Impact Over Broken Gimmick
- Jeff Jarrett Says "Anthem Is Out Of Money" Hours After Impact Wrestling Firing
- Impact Wrestling Breaks Up With Jeff Jarrett Over Twitter
- Impact Buys Global Force Wrestling, Presumably Gains Control Of Extensive Tape Library, Stockpile Of Gold Karatbars
- Reby Hardy And Jeff Jarrett Continue Twitter Battle Over Broken Matt Hardy Character
- Jeff Jarrett Calls TNA's 2016 "Black Eye" On Wrestling, Could Become New TNA Chief Creative Office
- Report: Country Music Singer Jeff Jarrett Quickly Gaining Control Of TNA Wrestling
- Meet The Next Musician Who May Take Over TNA Wrestling: Jeff Jarrett
- The Debut of Thorshach in Next Week’s Thor #8 - December 14, 2018
- IDW Plans Weekly Ghostbusters Event for April with 4 Teams - December 14, 2018
- DC Pulls Heroes in Crisis Poison Ivy Death Cover at Tom King’s Request - December 14, 2018
- Valiant Leaks Classified White Board with Clues for Next 12 Months of Plans - December 14, 2018
- The Fate of Cyclops Revealed in Next Week’s Extermination Finale - December 14, 2018