Yes yes, I know, I’ve been talking a lot about Ready Player One and the film isn’t even OUT yet. Part of this is because the book, “Ready Player One” by Ernie Cline, had such a strong impact when I read it.
Part of the excitement anytime an existing property gets made into a movie is definitely the merchandise that comes with it, not gonna lie. There hasn’t really been much officially released for the book (or the film) until today, and Hot Topic came through in a big way.
The Three Keys bathbombs. These are absolutely ridiculous but I love them, and I’m ordering them for myself to use at WonderCon (because I don’t have a tub at home). Also, does it bother anyone else that the keys are out of freaking order??
A shirt for Gunters. (men’s sizes)
A new Iron Giant shirt. (also men’s sizes)
This storyline throwback to the creator of the OASIS’s business, Gregarious Games shirt. (Men’s sizing again, boo).
How about a fragrance for Gunters? No really, they’re doing a perfume (unisex, I guess?) that comes with the keys: “Join the quest and smell appropriately. This exclusive fragrance from Ready Player One has notes of ambrette seeds, sea salt and sage so you’re ready to crack the Easter Eggs!”
A shirt for Gunters who hate IoI aka SUXORS. (again with the men’s sizes)
There *are* some female shirts, but as usual they cost $2-5 dollars more than the men’s sizing. The best is definitely this ringer tee with the keys and an attempt at the quatraine from Anorak’s Invitation.
The boys’ pjs, of course, because pockets. What the hell is up with that anyway? My previous three pairs of HT pj pants have all been marketed to boys because they had pockets and none of the ladies ones (at the time) did.
A makeup palette marketed for Art3mis, but it’s silly because the only time she would even WEAR makeup is at Og’s party.
A scoreboard bracelet, and yes I already ordered one.
This Parzival/Art3mis friendship bracelet which makes ZERO SENSE. If anything, it should be Parzival and Aech if you’re calling it “friendship”.
Check out the collection on Hot Topic’s website now.
- Hot Topic Releases Jurassic Park Collection for the Film's 25th Anniversary
- In the Book: Ready Player One Key Quests and Gates Were Way Harder
- Check Out These Ready Player One Magic Eye Posters from #SXSW
- First Reactions for 'Ready Player One' Are in From #SXSW
- Ready Player One LIVE at #SXSW Powered by Twitch And IMDB
- Ready Player One World Premiere Will Happen at #SXSW
- These 'Ready Player One' Reimagined Classic Movie Posters Are AMAZING
- [SXSW] Ready Player One Events Announced
- Bloomingdale's Is Getting a Nintendo "Let's Play" Spring Fashion Line
- Ready Player One: The High Five Announce Hot Topic PopUp Experience, New Footage
- Toy Fair New York: 140+ Shots From the LEGO Booth! Star Wars, Minecraft, Jurassic World, and More!
- Check Out These Funko 'Ready Player One' Pops!
- Ready Player One: Final Trailer Full of Pure Imagination
- Ready Player One: Brand New Character Posters Introduce the High Five
- Ready Player One Drops Big Giant Egg: A New Clue from James Halliday
- Steven Spielberg and Ernie Cline Talk Ready Player One, Plus NEW FOOTAGE
- New Ready Player One Trailer Is a Basket of Easter Eggs for Fans
- Brand New Trailer for Ready Player One Hits
- New Ready Player One Trailer Will Be Released on Sunday, in Texas
- Ready Player One: First Look At Olivia Cooke As Art3mis
- Pinup Girl Clothing has Overlook Hotel Items Available for Pre-Order - October 19, 2018
- ‘Halloween’: Three Women Strode into Haddonfield History - October 19, 2018
- Tom Holland Stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live in Spider-Man Suit - October 19, 2018
- Dame Judi Dench Joins Idris Elba in ‘Cats’ Feature Film - October 18, 2018
- Jon Favreau Shares Photo of His ‘Lion King’ Production - October 18, 2018