Biomutant’s unique design lets players change their character’s abilities and appearance with powerful mutations, bionic prosthetics, and weapons. You can grow claws, sprout wings, or attach a robotic leg all to change the way your hero plays in real-time combat. The combat itself is a nice blend of melee martial arts and firearms.
Set in an imaginative post-apocalyptic universe, Biomutant is a kung fu fable filled with fantastic creatures to discover, dangerous factions to navigate, and colorful worlds to explore with mechs, paragliders, balloons, mounts, jet skis and more.
The game’s particular list of features includes:
- A new take on 3rd person combat: The martial arts style combat system allows you maximum freedom of movement and agility while mixing shooting, melee and powers from your mutations.
- Evolve your game-play: You’ll be able to recode your genetic structure to change the way you look and play.
- Next level of crafting: Mix and match parts to create your own unique single- or double-handed slash, crush and pierce melee weapons.
- Gear up for adventure: You have full freedom when equipping your character. Not only when it comes to choosing weapons you created, but also what type of gear you wear.
- Survive in a vibrant open world: You’ll create your own adventure as you journey explore the open world and what lies beneath its surface, by foot, mech, jet-ski, air-balloon and more.
- An unusual story with an unusual end: A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided, in need of someone strong enough to unite them or bring them all down
Today’s trailer brings us some gameplay from the PC Gamer Weekender. This one will show us how to combine mutant powers, bionics, and weapons to fully customize our damage potential.
Biomutant is expected to launch in 2018.