I always like these DC Versus videos, and I’m glad they’re back. They make me think about how two characters would work against each other, and in a lot of cases, two characters I would never normally think would fight one another. This week is no exception in that it pits the fastest man alive, The Flash, against Earth’s mightiest mortal, Shazam.
This one is interesting to me because I don’t often think about Shazam. He’s just not a character that I particularly like much. I’m not even sure if we’re supposed to be calling him Shazam or Captain Marvel at this point. But the pairing does make for an interesting fight.
Normally it’s Superman vs Shazam, because they’re on similar power levels, but Billy Batson uses magic to become Captain Marvel — and magic is a weakness for Superman. And while they don’t specify which Flash, I’m going to think about this as Barry Allen as opposed to Wally West, Jay Garrick, or even Bart Allen. Each of them brings something different to the table, and I think Barry is the best matchup because of his intellect and experience. Billy Batson may have the wisdom of Solomon, but he has the experience of a young boy — because that’s what he is. He is a blunt object, most often using brute strength to overcome his enemies. Barry is a scientist and has found just about every way imaginable to use his speed to fight crime and save lives. I think that knowledge and experience not only balances out Shazam’s bigger power, but it tips the scale in the Flash’s direction and would get him the win.
- iZombie Season 4: Did the Writers Name Liv’s New Love Interest Based on This Ship Name? - March 23, 2018
- Luke Cage’s Mike Colter to Appear on The Good Fight Season 2 - March 23, 2018
- Gifted Season 2: Amy Acker Wants to Get Out of the Mom Realm - March 23, 2018
- Lucifer Season 3: Mazikeen Really Wants to Go Back to Hell - March 23, 2018
- Writer’s Commentary: Jeremy Whitley on Vampirella #11 - March 23, 2018