After a bit of a search and some deliberation, 343 Industries has finally picked a location to hold the finals of the Halo World Championship 2018, and it’s going to be in their own backyard. During the Orlando Open that’s currently happening this weekend, the company made the official announcement via Xbox Wire that the finals would be held at CenturyLink Field in Seattle, Washington, home to the Seattle Seahawks. Below is a bit of information from the press release today, but overall, this makes for some awesome news as they can present the finals to a large hometown crowd. It will be a little interesting to see if they can fill the stadium because if they can, it would be one of the biggest esports live audience records anyone ever set.
Having the Halo World Championship Finals here in Seattle is going to be huge, literally. At CenturyLink Field Event Center, we’ll be able to support the one of the biggest audiences we’ve had at a competitive Halo event, and we’ll be working with MLG to ensure a fantastic in-person and at home experience – nobody puts on a better show in esports! We know that having a venue that matches the prestige of the Halo World Championship is very important to our fans, and we hope you’re as excited as we are about seeing your favorite teams and players compete in Seattle. Tickets are planned to go on sale Thursday, February 22 so don’t miss your opportunity to join us for a Halo event like no other.
- Halo: Master Chief Collection Devs Want To Know What You Thought Of It
- FACEIT to Host UK's Biggest Esports Tournament at SSE Arena Wembley
- Moniker Inc. Launch New High Performance Esports Apparel Brand In H4X.gg
- Chris Visions's Black Panther Shirt Design For February Loot Crate
- Ch-Ch-Changes to Daredevil #600, Spider-Man Deadpool #30, and Wonder Woman #42
- Hunt for Wolverine Expands into Four 4-Issue Miniseries – a 16-Issue Hunt!
- [2018 Westminster Dog Show] A Look Back at 2017's Best in Show!
- X-Men: Bland Design - Some Characters Have Names in Spider-Man vs. Deadpool #27
- Battlefield 1 Getting Shock Operations Mode in June - April 19, 2018
- Sony to Sponsor Indie Developers Once More at Tokyo Game Show - April 19, 2018
- Sea Of Thieves Gets a New Patch With Customizations and Bug Fixes - April 18, 2018
- Bandai Namco Releases a Patch for Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom - April 18, 2018
- Bethesda’s DOOM is Getting a Physical CD and Vinyl Soundtrack Release - April 18, 2018